Turn on thread page Beta

AV: What are you voting? watch

ReputationRep:
    Come May, are you going to vote Yes or No to AV?

Personally, I'm going to vote No - it's going to cost £250m, which I think could be better spent, primarily on EMA.
    Also, it will mean we don't know the result on the night, something I always enjoy waiting up for.

Voting no, we don't need to spend money on anything... EMA isn't coming back get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely voting no. I just don't like the idea that my second or even third choice could end being considered my first, especially when the chances are my second and third choices will be parties/people I can't stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Voting no, we don't need to spend money on anything... EMA isn't coming back get used to it.
    BBC News said earlier students who already get it will probably still get it next year in a reduced form.

But anyway, this isn't an EMA thread.

Whether you agree with EMA or not, there are loads of other things the money could be spent on - the armed forces, the NHS, the roads...

ReputationRep:
    £250m is a drop in the ocean to the uk. I'd contribute my share of that buying a ~£20 t-shirt. Our yearly deficit is >£120bn and our overall debt £1-3trn depending on what criteria you use.

If it IS a better system, it's worth it. Personally I don't think it is a better system and I won't be voting for it, but the "it's too expensive" argument is simply erroneous.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.