Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

Has anyone had a interview for adult nursing at thames valley. what kind of questions do they ask im so nervous lol .

ReputationRep:
    TVU probably ask you if you can spell your name.

Spoiler:
    Show
    JK! Usually interviews are just based upon why you chose the course, why it would benefit you and what efforts you have made towards the course beforehand eg background reading, work experience etc. Also they may want to discuss your PS.

ReputationRep:
    Its TVU, by showing up to the interview your in

but in all seriousness they'll ask you why you chose them, and what you can bring to the course which makes you stand out. mostly they want to know about your dedication to the subject more than anything

ReputationRep:
    lol thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiliee21)
    Its TVU, by showing up to the interview your in

but in all seriousness they'll ask you why you chose them, and what you can bring to the course which makes you stand out. mostly they want to know about your dedication to the subject more than anything
    What do you mean by, 'Its TVU, by showing up to the interview you're in'?!

ReputationRep:
    I went for my interview at TVU a month ago- you first do the maths and English test- Maths was quite tough because they dont give you much time !
    Then the group discussion was easy - as long as you say something or share an experience you have had.
    The interview was easy and relaxed - they want you to show that you really want to do this course and you are 100% sure that you can and will finish the course!
    Just be your self !

ReputationRep:
    thankyou. ive been revising maths for ages now so hopefully ill be ok

ReputationRep:
    Hi All.
    ive got my adult nursing interview this week. and im so scared! words cant describe how scared i am. how did all your interviews go? im not really good at maths so tell me is it hard or alright? what kind of questions for they ask in the numeracy test? & how group discussions what exactly do you have to talk about?

Please help me

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - just learn to add, subtract, divide and multiply; convert ml to l, g to mg, etc. and convert decimals to fractions and vice versa.
    English - learn to write coherently and make sense. They are not so concerned about the content of your essay but want to know that you can construct a sentence and understand grammar.
    Group discussion - ours was on care and respect in elderly care. Ensure that you give everyone a chance to speak and speak up yourself.

I think quite a lot of people must have turned down TVU (or UWL as it is now). I know I did, as did a couple of my classmates.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    awww that you so much, just signed on and seen your message back. its tommorow well lets say in a few hours and im scared but by the looks of things me revising im having confident. i just hope i do pass and all goes well all together at the interview how many people were there?

ReputationRep:
    Hey how did your interview go....i had mine in april and got my place for the sept 2011 intake x !!!!!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2011

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.