Turn on thread page Beta

Fast metabolism is really beginning to p*** me off! watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so for years now I've maintained the same weight, I'm now 18 years old, 5ft 9 and still only weighing 9 stone... Although I do eat a fair bit, but this plague won't allow it to show!

I just want to know, is there anybody out there in a similar position to myself who can help me out by advising me of a food plan which could slow down metabolism for weight gain?

I've been attending the gym but have only just realised that in order to get to a fairly muscular size, I need to bulk up a bit... But that clearly isn't happening at the moment for obvious reasons. I wouldn't say that I am really scrawny, I do have definition to my muscles, but that's as far as it goes. It does my head in as well, because I want to go into the police, but feel as though I won't be a particularly intimidating influence if I'm as big muscularly as an offender who lets say, maybe a drug-addict. haha. I certainly wouldn't be an influence on a grock that's for sure! Unless things change...

Thanks in advance for the replies.

ReputationRep:
    You ungrateful git, there are millions out there who would love to eat what they like and remain slim, and there you are making out that it's a curse. If you start eating late at night and skip breakfast you'll put on more weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    You ungrateful git, there are millions out there who would love to eat what they like and remain slim, and there you are making out that it's a curse. If you start eating late at night and skip breakfast you'll put on more weight.
    I know it sounds ungrateful haha, but I'd happily trade them.

I eat late at night and skip breakfast anyway, so maybe I should still eat late at night, but force myself to have a breakfast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC)
    I know it sounds ungrateful haha, but I'd happily trade them.

I eat late at night and skip breakfast anyway, so maybe I should still eat late at night, but force myself to have a breakfast?
    Having breakfast kickstarts your metabolism for the day, so if you want to lose weight it's best to skip it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    Not exactly ungrateful, the same way there are many who would love to eat whatever they like, there's just as many wishing they could gain weight/have more curves. It's not nice to be taunted for being "anorexic" your whole life.

ReputationRep:
    Make the most of it... How much you wanna bet that when you get a bit older and gain a few pounds you'll miss the days where you had a fast metabolism?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft 2 and 9 stone - consider yourself lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a fast metabolism and recently got on the GOMAD diet which stands for a Gallon Of Milk A Day along with the stronglifts 5x5 program so far i've gained 20kg and still going...
    before 5ft 11, 50kg
    now 6ft, 70kg
    hopefully by july ~85kg

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-sq...n-gain-weight/

ReputationRep:
    Just eat like a pig. Keep making your portions bigger until you can't move after a meal .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC)
    Right so for years now I've maintained the same weight, I'm now 18 years old, 5ft 9 and still only weighing 9 stone... Although I do eat a fair bit, but this plague won't allow it to show!

I just want to know, is there anybody out there in a similar position to myself who can help me out by advising me of a food plan which could slow down metabolism for weight gain?

I've been attending the gym but have only just realised that in order to get to a fairly muscular size, I need to bulk up a bit... But that clearly isn't happening at the moment for obvious reasons. I wouldn't say that I am really scrawny, I do have definition to my muscles, but that's as far as it goes. It does my head in as well, because I want to go into the police, but feel as though I won't be a particularly intimidating influence if I'm as big muscularly as an offender who lets say, maybe a drug-addict. haha. I certainly wouldn't be an influence on a grock that's for sure! Unless things change...

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    I was in your position at 18...

...I'm now 21, 5'10'', 9 1/2 stone.

GOOD LUCK

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.