Turn on thread page Beta

Shopping in Bristol watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Some friends and I are heading to Bristol in a few weeks for a shopping trip, We're pretty much gonna stay in the Cabot Circus area (although we may have a lil' walk to Jack Wills possibly).

I'm not taking an awful amount of money (about £40) so I was wondering about what good not fairly expensive shops in Cabot Circus should be recommended which are different to your normal high street would offer. Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Its just a shopping centre. There are so many other places to shop in Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    £40 in cabot circus, you'll go into urban outfitters and spend that on a t-shirt.
    If you're heading to bristol, why not try the shops on park street, whiteladies or gloucester road?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietta)
    £40 in cabot circus, you'll go into urban outfitters and spend that on a t-shirt.
    If you're heading to bristol, why not try the shops on park street, whiteladies or gloucester road?
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    £40 isnt gonna get you very far anywhere except the lower end shops in broadmead such as primark, h&m etc.
    The 'middle-range' shops such as river island, republic etc you'll only get a coat for that, maybe a few tops, two pairs of jeans etc.

Not all of cabot circus is expensive, the shops i mentioned above arent, nor are topshop and things like that, you'll just have to look around.

£40 to Cabots Circus? good luck! Believe you me, you really won't get far with that! Like someone else said, it's very expensive shops, which require a good chunk of ££££ to shop with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    £40 to Cabots Circus? good luck! Believe you me, you really won't get far with that! Like someone else said, it's very expensive shops, which require a good chunk of ££££ to shop with.
    Not really.
    A few are, but half of the clothes shops are normal high street ones.
    Republic, monsoon, river island, topshop, h&m, next etc etc

£40 just isnt gonna get you a real 'shopping trip' anywhere except primark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Not really.

At least on G.Road you have the pick of 2nd hand shops, the amazing retro shop, cafes and a one or two proper clothing shops too.

I love Glozzy road

Not really.

I was in Cabots on Sat, to exchange a pair of boots I ordered online, as the store was easiest to return them to. Those boots were £40 for a decent leather pair. IF you want cheap rubbish = primark/peacocks is the place to go where £40 can buy your entire family a new wardrobe!! Although you say the majority of stores are high street, a lot of them still req. a good chunk of money to get a proper shopping trip! You wouldn't be able to get a good pair of, say, trousers/jeans, top, jacket, shoes for £40??!! . .

That's my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be much better off shopping on Park Street - some of the shops there are really unique and cute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I was in Cabots on Sat, to exchange a pair of boots I ordered online, as the store was easiest to return them to. Those boots were £40 for a decent leather pair. IF you want cheap rubbish = primark/peacocks is the place to go where £40 can buy your entire family a new wardrobe!! Although you say the majority of stores are high street, a lot of them still req. a good chunk of money to get a proper shopping trip! You wouldn't be able to get a good pair of, say, trousers/jeans, top, jacket, shoes for £40??!! . .

That's my opinion.
    Really don't get what your opinion is trying to state in terms of what i said, sorry.

(Original post by Trigger)
    At least on G.Road you have the pick of 2nd hand shops, the amazing retro shop, cafes and a one or two proper clothing shops too.

I love Glozzy road
    Glozzy? Short for Gloucester? Ha, maybe I'll start using that to tell people where I'm from :tongue:.

Really don't get what your opinion is trying to state in terms of what i said, sorry.
    :facepalm: :facepalm: that's because I completely misread your post and replied in a manner that disagrees with you. BUT I agree with you £40 won't get a proper shopping trip in Cabots :facepalm:, sorry! lol :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    £40 in Jack Wills? Doesn't that get you about 1/2 a pair of socks? Listen to harrietta, mate! Happy shopping

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.