Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evening all,

I am interested in studying A-level maths in my spare time. However, i am not sure what route to take, a google search throws up all manner of businesses offering the course at often very high prices but is this necessary?

Any input welcome,

Dan
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Self teaching? If your mathemetical background is good then I think you can easily self teach Maths A level, just get some really good textbooks. Ask your Maths teacher or anyone on here for suggestions, I think quite a lto of TSRian will be able to give you advide on that.

Then, enter yourself as private candidate at your college. You got to pay though.

PS* I did Maths Alevel, I fount it hard but that's probably just me. As far as I know, Maths A level is very self teachable. I knwo someone who is doing that in a year. Have to work your arse off though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.