Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lack of boyf for TWO YEARS... wth am I doing wrong? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why does every thread like this result in a sentence along the lines of... "Oh, I'm not ugly, but I'm moderately good looking"

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? If nobody right for you has come along, you don't go out with anybody, simple. Why should you be in a relationship that's not right, just for the sake of being in one because you haven't for two years?

You sound like you're happy with your life otherwise. So just be happy with your life.

ReputationRep:
    You look like you're a bubbly kinda gal..

ReputationRep:
    You don't need a boyfriend; don't let your lack of one define you. Just keep being who you are and don't worry about it, someone will (and most likely already does) find you attractive 'girlfriend material'.
    Plus, don't always leave it up to guys to approach you; dating is a two-way system, so both sexes should indulge in asking, not just men.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried asking someone out yet?

ReputationRep:
    needy is not attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I have never had sex because i do not want to get AIDS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    Why does every thread like this result in a sentence along the lines of... "Oh, I'm not ugly, but I'm moderately good looking"
    Because anyone that actually thinks of themselves as being really hot is probably an arrogant prick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beamuse)
    So I'm a vaguely positive, intelligent, confident girl. I can be funny, I've even been known to be cute. I have GREAT taste in music, I dress pretty well (Look and Cosmo magazine tell me so). I'm no Kate Moss (thank god) but I'm not unattractive, in fact, in some lights, I can look positively pretty. I have a pretty good social life, fairly popular at school, and I have a great group of really good mates of both sex. So why the hell does it seem like every guy I like totally isn't interested? What am I doing wrong dammit?! Seriously need help, before I consider converting to Catholicism and joining the Order of the Daughters of our Holy Mother or something. And trust me, a nun's habit really wouldn't suit me :\
    Maybe because of your big head?

ReputationRep:
    2 years? Pfffft. I waited 17 years until I met my present girlfriend in December of last year, and with her I happily remain.
    In reality, even 17 years isn't that long to wait .

Not sure I understand the appeal of having to rush to find a boyfriend anyway. Wouldn't you rather wait and have it last than choose whatever comes and watch it fail?

ReputationRep:
    Two years? Mate, I haven't had a boyfriend for nearly 18 years, life goes on.

Maybe it's your modesty that's putting boys off...

ReputationRep:
    because you whine like a small child..?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want a boyfriend so badly anyway? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Calm down love. Men (well, boys) are like buses. You wait ages for one to come along, and then you get five at once. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpowertj)
    Lets be honest you are probably hideous
    have you seen her profile pic? guess not. Shes quite stunning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinthe)
    Calm down love. Men (well, boys) are like buses. You wait ages for one to come along, and then you get five at once. Trust me.
    Its three at once

ReputationRep:
    OMG TWO YEARS HOW HAVE YOU COPED????

You're 16...I didn't get my first boyfriend till I was 17 and I coped just fine. If you NEED a boyfriend to feel good about yourself then that's pretty sad...just enjoy being young and having fun with friends!

ReputationRep:
    Wait until uni, that's what I plan on doing

ReputationRep:
    I have GREAT taste in music
    Woah, by "great" you mean popular? One's taste in music is always a subjective argument. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a vaguely positive, intelligent, confident girl. I can be funny, I've even been known to be cute. I have GREAT taste in music, I dress pretty well (Look and Cosmo magazine tell me so). I'm no Kate Moss (thank god) but I'm not unattractive, in fact, in some lights, I can look positively pretty. I have a pretty good social life, fairly popular at school, and I have a great group of really good mates of both sex.
    So why the hell does it seem like every guy I like totally isn't interested? What am I doing wrong dammit?! Seriously need help, before I consider converting to Catholicism and joining the Order of the Daughters of our Holy Mother or something. And trust me, a nun's habit really wouldn't suit me :\
    How are you doing now?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.