Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    I wouldn't describe something that gives you intense hallucinations for at most 5 minutes as fun. Interesting maybe, but not fun.
    Salvia plus weed gave me the intense hallucination followed by like 6 hours of relaxed head-****ery. I lasped back into a longer hallucination like 3 hours after the first too. Also I didn't say 'fun'. I said '****ing awesome'. Need to try some other hallucinogens.

And it's closer to 15 minutes. Not that time means anything at all while on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fumblenuts91)
    First time I tried that all three of us ended up lying in a park throwing up together.
    Salvia+weed=****ing awesome.
    What a lovely story!
    It's true though, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with alcohol and drugs - although honestly i'm not that into that many drugs apart from weed - but the majority of my most entertaining stories have involved them. It makes for a more interesting autobiography.

ReputationRep:
    i only consumed alcohol 2 times in my life (both time during christmasses with just parents and siblings at home during christmas dinner)....... only got ever got slightly tipsy,but not drunk. last time was when i was 17 (so, christmas 2005) - been alcohol-free eversince. never 'got' the taste, if it makes senses to anybody? :}

ive also quit smoking as of 1st november 2010 to impress somebody (who recently became my boyfriend - success ;D) and im quite proud of doing this..... not that this thread was asking about smoking,but thought i'd mention it anyway ;}}}}}}}}}}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KitCat93)
    What a lovely story!
    It's true though, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with alcohol and drugs - although honestly i'm not that into that many drugs apart from weed - but the majority of my most entertaining stories have involved them. It makes for a more interesting autobiography.
    Too right.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft. This is like arguing with a brick wall. An exceptionally thick one.
    But the only reasons you have supplied are "fun", "relaxing" - not very appealing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    If I am stressed, I find other means of remedying that - no need to resort to drugs etc - the same goes for anxiety (not very frequent in my life).

I have to say that I am sociable and confident with most people - with those that I am not, it is inevitable that I will (simply because I have high self-esteem - and I do not mean to sound pompous and proud.)
    Its funny how you think highly of yourself, yet the people of TSR apparently disagree.

Anyway, if you don't wish to drink alcohol, that fine, your loss. But don't think that it makes you any more superior than I am simply because I don't drink tea.

ReputationRep:
    But the only reasons you have supplied are "fun", "relaxing" - not very appealing..
    fun can be synonymous for "happy making"- what is better than being happy?

You can't justifiably" comment on anything unless you've tried it, recreational drugs wise

ReputationRep:
    No-one has a need for drugs. We take them because they are fun.
    And fun is the epitome of life, right? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    You asked for reasons. And i'm certain you've been determined from the start to not take any of them seriously.
    And fun is the epitome of life, right? :curious:
    No need to continue the thread guys. He's just revealed that he's an innately boring person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Its funny how you think highly of yourself, yet the people of TSR apparently disagree.

Anyway, if you don't wish to drink alcohol, that fine, your loss. But don't think that it makes you any more superior than I am simply because I don't drink tea.
    My loss? Correct me if I am wrong - but is alcohol not harmful to one's health in the long-term..? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I drink wine sometimes with a meal, a little red wine. I NEVER drink to get drunk though.
    I hate hearing/seeing girls in short mini skirts screaming rubbish outside my window when they've had a load of cheap alcohol.
    How an earth is a good night one when you don't even know what happened?

ReputationRep:
    You asked for reasons. And i'm certain you've been determined from the start to not take any of them seriously.

No need to continue the thread guys. He's just revealed that he's an innately boring person.
    No, on the contrary - I was actually interested to see whether my presuppositions were in fact right or wholly wrong.

So, now I am "boring" because I do not drink alcohol - my, how society has blossomed. :innocent: So, do you actually think that those who do not drink alcohol are "boring"?

ReputationRep:
    My loss? Correct me if I am wrong - but is alcohol not harmful to one's health in the long-term..? :curious:
    No, only excessive amounts cause health problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    fun can be synonymous for "happy making"- what is better than being happy?

You can't justifiably" comment on anything unless you've tried it, recreational drugs wise
    But holidays (with family or friends without alcohol) are fun too, for goodness' sakes - alcohol must be classed a different type of "fun", perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    No, on the contrary - I was actually interested to see whether my presuppositions were in fact right or wholly wrong.

So, now I am "boring" because I do not drink alcohol - my, how society has blossomed. :innocent: So, do you actually think that those who do not drink alcohol are "boring"?
    No, I just think that you are. You have a very unadventurous attitude towards fun.

ReputationRep:

is this not why you play "competative sports" and hang with friends?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. Its good for you in moderation (as the vast majority of people take it), both physically and mentally. I will heartily recommend it to my children.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, wait - the "fun" that you people are banging on about is illusory:

" ...Alcohol is a drug that has the immediate effect of altering mood. Drinking it makes people feel relaxed, happy and even euphoric, but in fact alcohol is a depressant. It switches off the part of the brain that controls judgement, leading to loss of inhibitions. Drinking even small amounts of alcohol can affect physical coordination.... "

ReputationRep:
    you really are quite stupid, the odd binge or odd drink a night wont do nothing, red wine in moderation is good for you

ReputationRep:
    Because I like it. And I don't really give a **** if someone from TSR says alcohol is not "fun".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.