Turn on thread page Beta

The police laughed at me this evening watch

ReputationRep:
    You should have called Ghostbusters instead.

ReputationRep:
    Rough **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    I made this thread earlier about the harrassment that I'm receiving at the moment. I called the police this evening as someone on the other thread suggested that I did that, and I also mentioned the loss of sleep that it's causing me. They were no help whatsoever though. The guy there thought that he'd put me on mute and I'm sure that I heard him say to someone, 'ay up, listen to this', and then came on being really smarmy. I'm at my wit's end at the moment because no-one is taking me seriously. I even had one of the neighbour's tell me to STFU a few nights ago when I was shouting out my window telling her to go away at 3am because she'd been taunting me and was hiding.
    I have to say it does sound ****ing hilarious.

Personally if it happened to me (assuming you're not trolling), then I'd leave the TV/radio/lights in my room(s) on (pretending that I was in), then wait in across the street/park/whatever and wait for the ****er to come up to the window - then they'd never know what hit them.

(Or alternatively just set up a video camera in a hedge overnight, then collect the evidence the next morning to present to the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    This person is being harassed. We don't know what kind nutter is doing this. It could be sexual predator, a PRE-DATOR. Someone who wants sex before a date
    The person doesnt exist!!! Why arent you reading properly? The OP is clearly seeing things that nobody else sees or hears, she has a problem. She's shouting out her window to NOBODY.

ReputationRep:
    How do the police know you are imagining it if they don't investigate the matter

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way OP

At least you provided a laugh for some poor sod on the night shift ringing up about ghosts in your bushes.

and i think i have an idea where this came from - it sounds remarkably like David Ash seeing the ghost of his dead sister in the James Herbert novels

ReputationRep:
    I'm not imagining it. I know she's there and I'm just trying to prove it to everyone. But like I said on my other thread, it's difficult when she's really good at hiding herself. Like when I put the trinket on the coffee table and hid behind the curtains all night to see if she'd take it, she never came to take it because she knew I was there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    The person doesnt exist!!! Why arent you reading properly? The OP is clearly seeing things that nobody else sees or hears, she has a problem. She's shouting out her window to NOBODY.
    Either that is the case, or we're both just reading too much into it.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds embarrassing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm not imagining it. I know she's there and I'm just trying to prove it to everyone. But like I said on my other thread, it's difficult when she's really good at hiding herself. Like when I put the trinket on the coffee table and hid behind the curtains all night to see if she'd take it, she never came to take it because she knew I was there.
    If she's behind the curtains then she's in the house, right?

Then how does she get out at night to taunt you outside your window?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    If she's behind the curtains then she's in the house, right?

Then how does she get out at night to taunt you outside your window?
    I don't know, but she gets in somehow. I think she gets onto the roof though to taunt me because I see her head upside down and her hair hanging down while she's laughing at me, then when I open my window to shout out, I hear scrabbling on the tiles. I don't know how she gets into the house though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    See, I thought this at first too, but how do we know that the OP isn't telling the truth and there is in fact a girl (albeit very good at hiding and staying quiet) that is tormenting a poor soul through no fault of her own?

Tbh if I was a policeman I'd have taken the case seriously; even if I didn't believe her then it's still no excuse to laugh in the poor OP's face.

EDIT: Okay I read the rest of the thread. OP is either mental or a troll.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't know, but she gets in somehow. I think she gets onto the roof though to taunt me because I see her head upside down and her hair hanging down while she's laughing at me, then when I open my window to shout out, I hear scrabbling on the tiles. I don't know how she gets into the house though.
    Perhaps you should try to find out?

ReputationRep:
    I wondered why everyone was being so harsh until I had a proper read. OP...can you not set up some form of recording device or something. It sounds like a very bizarre situation. Maybe there is someone there, but it just sounds very odd and unlikely that some randomer can get into your house and hide and taunt you.

Maybe you should talk to people who aren't on an internet forum about this? A friend perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Omg, get help. No - not from the police, but from a SHRINK

ReputationRep:
    ah op, you fail at life :L

If you are telling the truth and not trolling, then you need to get help. The chances are that this girl is not there and that you are hallucinating about her. Regardless, if what you're saying about the police is true, then that's unfortunate... they should've went round to check if you were okay anyway.

This is a good quality troll, but not a funny one. Your post about living in self-catered accommodation in another thread kind of spoiled it a bit.

Next time you see her OP, run to where you thought you saw her. If there is nothing there, you gotta learn to ignore it, and know that it is just your mind ****ing with you.

I've experienced hallucinations myself (Doors slamming, people talking to me, creatures in the dark), and you've just gotta ignore it so that it doesn't bother you.

ReputationRep:
    This is neither funny nor a good troll, its a terrible one and its sad that so many of you fall for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.