Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

there was this guy at a group i attended. he seemed cute. he was nice enough. he was a year younger but, hey, thats not much. he still is all of that. we went on a few dates.
    he was boring. like wish-i'd-brought-a-book-along boring.

the thing is, he is actually a nice guy and i cant find it in my heart to say to his face 'i dont like you' but he is being so persistant. he kept texting me for a bit and when i stopped going to the group he used to run to catch up with me and ask me why i wasnt going. he kept asking me out again. the other day he caught up with me in the street to ask why i hadnt texted him back.

it sounds bad, but its actually a handful of incidents over a year or so - but you'd have thought a 17 yr old would take a hint by now, surely? the thing is; do i tell him outright, hurt the feelings of a guy who's nice enough but only crime is to be a bit slow, or do i wait until october and sneak quietly off to uni, because he's really bugging me now.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a rape alarm and activate it whenever you see him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Buy a rape alarm and activate it whenever you see him.
    LOL!!!

On a serious note, you could just tell him you don't want a long distance relationship in uni so you'd rather not take this relationship further and you want to focus on your studying to meet your uni offer

ReputationRep:
    poo in a cup and throw it at him

ReputationRep:
    Tell him; better than stringing him along.

ReputationRep:
    Tell you wasn't born a female, am pretty sure he'll be running away from you every time he sees you.

ReputationRep:
    set him straight, its not meant to work with everyone! anyway.. let him take it as a learning curve and he might start picking up the hints when it comes to other girls..

ReputationRep:
    Outright tell him do not contact me again or am gonna call the pol-ice!!:hmmm: he'll get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    there was this guy at a group i attended. he seemed cute. he was nice enough. he was a year younger but, hey, thats not much. he still is all of that. we went on a few dates.

the thing is, he is actually a nice guy and i cant find it in my heart to say to his face 'i dont like you' but he is being so persistant. he kept texting me for a bit and when i stopped going to the group he used to run to catch up with me and ask me why i wasnt going. he kept asking me out again. the other day he caught up with me in the street to ask why i hadnt texted him back.

it sounds bad, but its actually a handful of incidents over a year or so - but you'd have thought a 17 yr old would take a hint by now, surely? the thing is; do i tell him outright, hurt the feelings of a guy who's nice enough but only crime is to be a bit slow, or do i wait until october and sneak quietly off to uni, because he's really bugging me now.
    I think your really cruel and a coward! This can be interpreted as stringing someone along! I can't believe you think its acceptable to treat someone like this, especially if he is as you say 'a nice guy'. He's going to be crushed because its gone on so long, I really can't feel sorry for people who don't nip this sorta thing in the bud straight away. That poor boy! You should meet with him on his own asap and appologetically explain to him in as nice as possible way what your position is!

I can tell you you're selfish behaviour will have made ths boys life a misery. I know only too well. You really do disgust me!

ReputationRep:
    just tell him....

as a guy....I would much rather be told and know where I stand than constantly chasing a girl and not knowing if she likes me or not....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tbh it might not be the nicest way of doing things, but easiest and most efficient would be just to tell him.

Say blunt to his face that you just aren't interested in him in that way

Excuses to be used can include: age gap, think of him as just a friend, not your type, your a lesbian

Choose whichever you like the most

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him the truth.

"You're a nice guy, but I'm just not into you, Sorry". He'll probably feel a bit embarrassed, but it's better to just have your freedom and let him try his luck with some other girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Describe what your vagina smells like on a hot day that should get rid of him

ReputationRep:
    Its your fault for stringing him along; if you didn't act like a whore, he wouldn't still be interested

ReputationRep:
    Over a ****ing year?

It's hardly intensive stalking is this. Why haven't you just told him!

ReputationRep:
    and som girls just suck at giving hits and expects guys to read their minds.. We`re not all Patrick Jane in The Mentalist..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.