The Student Room Group

Infactuated and helpless

Basically, theres a boy at university whom Ive become infactuated with, we used to talk/text/hang out quite a bit during first term, we even went to see a film together and I bought him a signed copy of his favourite book for his birthday. In second term, we lost touch as he just hung out with his group of friends and I only really see him at chance encounters in corridors now.

He still takes some time to talk to me but I just get the feeling hes lost interest as we dont hang out ever. I have a feeling he knows how I feel and our mutual friend once told me he thought I was 'cute'. Im getting closer now to exams and I find myself frustrated that I let him pass me by. I know I should just forget him but Im stuck with this aching pain and I just dont think he cares. I have a feeling we may not be that compatible and that perhaps I just got excited over attention from him but I cant let go :frown: and everytime I see him, all my resistance falls and I get depressed knowing he's still enjoying his life without me. Im sick of being lovesick and letting him dominate my thoughts. I saw him today and he said he finishes work early tomorrow and may text me, I doubt he will, I guess if he doesnt, should I assume he does not care? What do I do, how do I move on from this helpless state?
Reply 1
go get him! just drop him a text and see if he wants to do something :smile:
Reply 2
Becareful before you become too attached, i have literally tonight made this very mistake and the guy has completely cut me out of his life and that i have to leave him alone.......

i know how you feel like you;re between a rock and a hard place right now, but love you need to find something else to focus your time and efforts on before it gets too late...

take advice from someone whose now about to embark on the upward climb of this awful downward spiral i got myself in, take care of you and remember of he doesn't want you now he doesn't deserve your time and efforts... Take solace in any friends you have, i know mine are going to be a great help...
Original post by emmi_lou
Becareful before you become too attached, i have literally tonight made this very mistake and the guy has completely cut me out of his life and that i have to leave him alone.......

i know how you feel like you;re between a rock and a hard place right now, but love you need to find something else to focus your time and efforts on before it gets too late...

take advice from someone whose now about to embark on the upward climb of this awful downward spiral i got myself in, take care of you and remember of he doesn't want you now he doesn't deserve your time and efforts... Take solace in any friends you have, i know mine are going to be a great help...

what'd you do? i'm curious
Reply 4
Get over yourself girlfriend, you're not all that
Reply 5
Original post by Peachykeen09
what'd you do? i'm curious

I did nothing imparticular, we were talking about something, cos he said he liked me too, and apparently in regards to what we were talking about (which i'd rather not divulge) i wasn't considering his feelings because he's leaving the country in a few weeks, and apparently because i was being about me, despite the fact he never actually addressed his feelings, he now wants me to leave him alone and refuses to answer my calls...

it hurt me he wouldn't give me a chance but, if he never addressed his feelings and was constantly asking me how this affects me, then there's nothing i can do...

you win some you lose some i suppose :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending