The Student Room Group

How to cut out someone destructive from your life

I have been with him for 4 years but the relationship is horrendous beyond anyone's wildest dreams. I don't know how to cut him out as I have only him in my life, I rely on him and miss him, and have no real friends. Yet he treats me appalingly. I don't want answers like "dump him now" or "get out now". I need a STRATEGY. I need to get out but I am trapped. I am worried he will hurt me if I leave. My family don't know about him.
Disregard BF

Acquire Friends
(edited 13 years ago)
Machete?
Reply 3
If you don't want to dump him then you could be really clingy, repelling him so that he'd dump you?
Don't talk to him and tell him to get lost? It's as simple as that and he should take the hint :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by samsioux
If you don't want to dump him then you could be really clingy, repelling him so that he'd dump you?

He'd never dump me. Strangely enough, he thinks I'm the girl he is going to marry. :s-smilie: Yet, he treats me like a bit of **** on his shoe.
Reply 6
Tell your friends/family. You dont have to give them details just that you wanna dump this guy. Move away from him (if you live together).
Delete his phone number, email, FACEBOOK!!
Ignore all calls/texts
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with him for 4 years but the relationship is horrendous beyond anyone's wildest dreams. I don't know how to cut him out as I have only him in my life, I rely on him and miss him, and have no real friends. Yet he treats me appalingly. I don't want answers like "dump him now" or "get out now". I need a STRATEGY. I need to get out but I am trapped. I am worried he will hurt me if I leave. My family don't know about him.

A) Stop making excuses as to why it is hard to get out.
B) Dump him and move out.
C) Stay with family until you've found a new place/job/****-buddy/whatever.

You know that is the solution. You did not need to ask us. No-on is trapped in any situation (unless there in Somalia).

Oh wait, news just in...

Damn...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
you've been with him for 4years and yet your family don't know about him? how does that work out?
I was trapped in a relationship of a year and half, but eventually he got the idea i used to try avoiding seeing him, say i was busy! he stopped me seeing all my friends but it's a risk you've got to take, you'll make friends and just apologise to the ones you left behind, if he's that bad you'll get out soon as possible trust me, you feel better afterwards!
What I would suggest, go out a little more, make friends, make friends who you can trust, those that would work for you. Then break up with him, you will have someone else to rely on. And in future, don't lose your friends on account of being inseperable with a guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending