Turn on thread page Beta

Going red when someone talks to me? watch

this is so embarassing... i used to blush whenever a guy i fancied even spoke to me... or even one i didn't like.. and anyway i've managed to get over that... but today someone spoke to me and it was so embarassing! i could feel my face going red and i couldn't keep eye contact with them, my eyes kept going to the floor because it felt weird keeping eye contact straigt for to long so i kept glancing down. the lighting wasn't very good so i don't think they would have noticed the redness but the whole eye glancing away thing! how weird is that! i didn't even know this guy either (though i will see him again now he's moved into area). if this person was you would you think i was really strange or uncomfortable, like what would you think? i felt like such a moron because i could feel it happening and i couldn't stop it.

i'm a girl by the way. 18.

ReputationRep:
    you're ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a balaclava?

ReputationRep:
    I once knew a girl that went red when she talked to me.

Total give-away that she wanted my ****.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you suffer from Tomato syndrome and it's nothing to be embrassed about.

ReputationRep:
    Get black skin

ReputationRep:
    You'll grow out of it eventually I'm sure, once you start to become more jaded and care less about those around you.

ReputationRep:
    This used to happen to me too. It didn't matter who it was, I went red. I think it just goes away with time, or as you get more confident. Unfortunately you can't turn it off, he more you think about not turning red the more likely you are to do it. Don't worry, some people find blushing endearing it may not even be as noticeable as what you think it is!

ReputationRep:
    oh great another whiny socially awkward kid

ReputationRep:
    You're shy. My fee will be £20 please. No cheques.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's nothing to be overly-fussed about. If you're a normally shy person then it'll go as you build self-confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    This used to happen to me too. It didn't matter who it was, I went red. I think it just goes away with time, or as you get more confident. Unfortunately you can't turn it off, he more you think about not turning red the more likely you are to do it. Don't worry, some people find blushing endearing it may not even be as noticeable as what you think it is!
    it IS noticeable. very much so, in fact.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter, I know a girl like that.

Some guys think it's pretty cute.

(Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    some people are always told "haha you're going red" or something, but i never am, i don't think it's that noticable on me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    Not for everyone there are different degrees of redness. I look like I've got sunburn when I blush :nn:

no ones told me what they would think, any opinions!

ReputationRep:
    Awwww that's cute! I used to get that back in the day! get more male FRIENDS and you should eventualy get comfortable talking to guys casually without blushing (unless you like em alot :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no ones told me what they would think, any opinions!
    Personally I'd think you found me hot! probably assume you're abit shy maybe... some guys like shy girls so it's all good! (Y)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.