Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I get an accounting degree from the UK and sit afterwards the exams to become Chartered Accoutant. Will I have to work in the UK or can I work everywhere in the world?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackberry rocks)
    If I get an accounting degree from the UK and sit afterwards the 2 exams to become Chartered Accoutant. Will I have to work in the UK or can I work everywhere in the world?

Thanks
    Takes a few more exams than two mate haha.

ReputationRep:
    your chartered status will only exist in the uk (depending on what exam you sit) look at the country's individual exam requirements....it may well be some of your exam will count towards the other countrys status ...but there will be exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionboy)
    your chartered status will only exist in the uk (depending on what exam you sit) look at the country's individual exam requirements....it may well be some of your exam will count towards the other countrys status ...but there will be exams
    Is it recommendable?
    I might not live in the UK after my degrees.

ReputationRep:
    I know, but with a degree I will get exempted from the other 8.
    Which accounting qualification are you looking at?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know, but with a degree I will get exempted from the other.
    Good luck with that! I did a pure Accountancy degree and there are none that get you to the top levels of the CIMA or ACCA. You'll be doing a good few more exams before you get qualified.

ACCA has ten exams to complete, it's unlikely you'll get eight exemptions.
    CIMA has nine plus the case study, highly unlikely you'll get seven/eight exemptions.
    For both you also need at least three years experience - and it'll probably take you that long to do the exams.

If you want to work in accounting, study doesn't stop at your degree.

Anyway, some qualifications are international, like the two I mentioned above. You would have to look at the accounting regulations of a certain country to work out whether you could practice there, or it might be on the CIMA/ACCA website.

ReputationRep:
    is this AAT or something? otherwise you're clearly wrong about the 2 exams

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.