Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm on my way to growing one as I'm roughly 5 months in although I recently went and told the guy to trim it and he ended up cutting it way too low. I've got a few questions that need answering and any help is appreciated. How often should I go for a trim? How exactly should I word it for me to get a trim? Also, I've recently stopped getting shape ups and now my hair grew over it. Would it still be possible for the barber to still give me a shape up even though my hair has grown over it?
    Finally, I wash my hair roughly every other day and I was just wondering what hair spray I can use to give my hair a fresh smell.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Ask for a trim and say how much you want taken off, 1/2 an inch for example.
    Depending on your hair type you shouldn't need hair spray, however you may like something like Motions hair sheen spray which smells very nice.
    Finally, I think it should be possible to get a shape up, but as I'm female, I can't be sure.

HTH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlz)
    Hi,
    Ask for a trim and say how much you want taken off, 1/2 an inch for example.
    Depending on your hair type you shouldn't need hair spray, however you may like something like Motions hair sheen spray which smells very nice.
    Finally, I think it should be possible to get a shape up, but as I'm female, I can't be sure.

HTH.
    I went today and asked the guy to take roughly an inch off. He took nearly all my hair off but he's left me with some which makes my hair look real weird. It isn't short enough to brush and I can't comb it upwards so it's just there. Guess i'll have to get a proper haircut tomorrow. Thanks for the advice though.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that!
    If your going to try again, I would recommend a salon rather than a barbers.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.