Turn on thread page Beta

What the hell have i let myself in for? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the photography society in my uni and we have a massive sporting event on Wednesday. I 've somehow ended up reporting for the school paper and giving coverage for some of the sporting events. It's really SCARY AND DAUNTING as i have social phobia and some anxiety and i've never been to a stadium before. Big crowds scare me and we'll have to phone in and give some commentary for the radio. What the **** am i supposed to do? I was under the impression that we just had to take pictures of the various sporting events, not report for it. I don't wanna quit because its a great opportunity and would look great on my CV but at the smae time its ****ing scary.
    What should i do?
    P.S. there's also this really fir girl i saw there but i dont know what to say or how to talk to her. One of the leaders talked to her and she seemed to really enjoy it

ARGHHH FML!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well when they ask you about it in a job interview you can say how you conquered it. Seems like you have a confidence problem. Can only try your bbest.

ReputationRep:
    Man up. You're not gonna impress that fit girl by pussying out of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Man up. You're not gonna impress that fit girl by pussying out of this.
    I hate it when people beat me to it.

You knew this was coming; Man the **** up, or gtfo.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ef/meerkat.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    I'm in the photography society in my uni and we have a massive sporting event on Wednesday. I 've somehow ended up reporting for the school paper and giving coverage for some of the sporting events. It's really SCARY AND DAUNTING as i have social phobia and some anxiety and i've never been to a stadium before. Big crowds scare me and we'll have to phone in and give some commentary for the radio. What the **** am i supposed to do? I was under the impression that we just had to take pictures of the various sporting events, not report for it. I don't wanna quit because its a great opportunity and would look great on my CV but at the smae time its ****ing scary.
    What should i do?
    P.S. there's also this really fir girl i saw there but i dont know what to say or how to talk to her. One of the leaders talked to her and she seemed to really enjoy it

ARGHHH FML!!!

Okay, as someone who suffers from anxiety, here are a few tips
    -practice breathing exercises. These help you keep calm and relaxed. Google them.
    -don't eat anything heavy the night before. But similarly make sure you have some breakfast on the day.
    - I hate big crowds also, as I feel trapped and claustrophobic. But if I have to go somewhere like that, then I sit down and write all the possible ways I can get out. So I google a map of the place, all the exits. If I had any problems, I can go to security and they will help me. If I feel really ill, there will be first aiders on stand by.
    - immerse yourself in the reason you are there. So go over all your photography equipment/techniques etc.
    -when you have to give the report, remember it's over the radio so noone can see you, just hear you.
    - if you really hate it and don't feel well, you can pay yourself on the back that you tried to go and gave it your best effort, and Noone is gonna get mad at someone for being ill.

ReputationRep:
    think of it as a learning experience

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.