Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Living4Computing)
    Anyone doing Computing or any other courses which come under the faculty of Engineering and Computing?
    Im doing mechanical engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiteshG)
    Hi Guys how you all doing? i hope all is well and gearing up for the best 3/4 years of our life's!

my name is Hits btw and im gonna be studying Business IT and have been offered uni houses as accommodation but want to life in halls anyone know whats the houses are like inside as on the online brocher the outside of them look pretty dull and medieval! so is anyone else living in houses. i want to apply for other halls but then scared to reject this offer, anyone else had / having issues with accommodation?

i live in West London so its gonna be a bit of a change for me but truly i cannot wait! for freshers, i am a little freaked out about making friends as all my mates are going to Hertfordshire so would be great to get to know u on here, and maybe next month we could all be sipping on some rum and coke together!

cheers !!
    You sound decent, another fellow Londonder here... South London though...

If your having issues with accom...Have a look at private accomodation too...it seems to be cheaper and abit nicer than the uni houses..

ReputationRep:
    ahh brilliant! where u staying yourself? would you recommend any estate agents i could contact? what u studying, im west London so i feel its gonna be a massive change from London city life. but to be real i just don't know what to think about this whole transition man.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyy!

I'm having a bit of a 'mare with accomodation! I went to the clearing Open day on Sat 20th to sort out my course and to look around (as I was applying through clearing)- it was all good However, I had to be home early as I had a family event and a long drive back so couldn't sort out accom then on the day. I applied the next day though for accom online and got my offer back on 27th Aug.

It really isn't one I wanted- 71 Barras Lane. I was hoping for Singer Halls or any of the larger halls really- they would have been AMAZING! I was a little frustated as I know others have visited the uni after I applied for accomodation and got their offer for it straight away- it seems a little unfair that if you applied online you had to wait 7-10 days.

Would be soo grateful if anyone knew anything about Barras Lane? I couldn't find any info or pictures online (apart from goggle maps!!) haha. Also, what happens if you decline your offer? can you reapply?

Thankssssss soo much Wahh sorrry it's long! lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzanni)
    Heyyyyy!

I'm having a bit of a 'mare with accomodation! I went to the clearing Open day on Sat 20th to sort out my course and to look around (as I was applying through clearing)- it was all good However, I had to be home early as I had a family event and a long drive back so couldn't sort out accom then on the day. I applied the next day though for accom online and got my offer back on 27th Aug.

It really isn't one I wanted- 71 Barras Lane. I was hoping for Singer Halls or any of the larger halls really- they would have been AMAZING! I was a little frustated as I know others have visited the uni after I applied for accomodation and got their offer for it straight away- it seems a little unfair that if you applied online you had to wait 7-10 days.

Would be soo grateful if anyone knew anything about Barras Lane? I couldn't find any info or pictures online (apart from goggle maps!!) haha. Also, what happens if you decline your offer? can you reapply?

Thankssssss soo much Wahh sorrry it's long! lol x
    Barras Lane isn't halls, it's a student house.

You'll probably be sharing this house with 5 or 6 other people, maybe 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and possibly a living room. + a garden no doubt.

It's about 15 minutes walk from University, 7 minutes walk into the the city centre and around the same in the other direction to Morrisions.

Nice location, for a student house your in a good area.. could be alot worse.

If you decline, you won't get a better offer I don't think. You won't get halls, if your lucky they will offer you another house.. if not you'll be looking for a house yourself

I don't think you will get a place in halls now, just look forward to it and try not to stress about it. You'll probably have student neighbours too so it won't get boring or lonely!

Smile, cheer up. Your about to have the time of your life! Enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying at Trinity Point flat 49?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfiniteJIT)
    Im doing mechanical engineering
    im doing mechanical engineering too.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001216407262
    add me if u want...i havent found any1 from mech eng yet so it ll b nice to know sb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaij)
    Anyone staying at Trinity Point flat 49?
    I'm staying 54.5, i managed to resolve my "Which flat am i in?" crisis. Can't be sure how the numbering system works though, but i am at trinity point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfiniteJIT)
    Anybody doing mechanical engineering, starting 26th???
    i am doing mech eng...check my msg above

ReputationRep:
    Can Anybody whos been before tell me about the ethnics? What ratio of students are white? What ratio in priory house should I expect to be white? Also, do many in priory house stay over the weekends??? Thanks! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCCCCCCCT)
    Can Anybody whos been before tell me about the ethnics? What ratio of students are white? What ratio in priory house should I expect to be white? Also, do many in priory house stay over the weekends??? Thanks! :-)
    'ethnics' are everywhere beware

ReputationRep:
    Electrical and electronic engineering anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Living4Computing)
    Oh, damn! I emailed them asking for Student ID on 18th aug evening and when I checked my inbox on 19th morning, it was there. I just assumed they were consistent..my bad
    You're lucky, I got ignored until 24th. I'm probably going to end up in private accomodation by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lightningriver)
    I'm staying 54.5, i managed to resolve my "Which flat am i in?" crisis. Can't be sure how the numbering system works though, but i am at trinity point!
    oh not far then, might see you around

ReputationRep:
    How long did everyone's accommodation take to get sorted who went through clearing? I applied on the 24th and I've heard nothing since. Do you suggest I ring up or just be a bit more patient?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Advertising and Business! If anyone has any rooms that they don't want anymore could you email me on [email protected]!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomas.)
    How long did everyone's accommodation take to get sorted who went through clearing? I applied on the 24th and I've heard nothing since. Do you suggest I ring up or just be a bit more patient?
    I applied on the 21st and got a reply on the 27th. It couldn't hurt to give them a ring/email to see what they say.

Anyone else doing BSc Computer Science (G400)?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll give 'em a ring.

And in reply to your question, me! Guess I'll see you in a month or so.

ReputationRep:
    Annnyyyone doing Product Design (consumer) Trinity Point 22? I have found bloody no one so far -.- ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob1234c)
    20 lower holyhead road 20 anyone?
    thats where ill be!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.