Turn on thread page Beta

How do you keep a university relationship working? watch

Dear fellow Student Roomers,

I've been seeing my boyfriend for just over 5 months now. It was a bloody rollercoaster at the start and took a lot of work but now it's the most honest and caring relationship. I'm completely stunned at how I'm falling for somebody for the first time properly.

I've always been the girl to play around and I've made a fair few mistakes and I've certainly never been one to be in a serious relationship.

It's only been 5 months but as he only lives down the hall from me, we spend every night together and almost every night we'll fall asleep together. It's like a bloody marriage.

Easter is going to be a disaster because we can hardly see each other. Christmas wasn't as hard because we hadn't grown together like we have now. I'm scared that I'm falling for somebody and I'm scared that if we don't see each other we'll fall apart. He makes me the happiest girl in the world but I just feel like crying... What the bloody hell is wrong with me!?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Dear fellow Student Roomers,

I've been seeing my boyfriend for just over 5 months now. It was a bloody rollercoaster at the start and took a lot of work but now it's the most honest and caring relationship. I'm completely stunned at how I'm falling for somebody for the first time properly.

I've always been the girl to play around and I've made a fair few mistakes and I've certainly never been one to be in a serious relationship.

It's only been 5 months but as he only lives down the hall from me, we spend every night together and almost every night we'll fall asleep together. It's like a bloody marriage.

Easter is going to be a disaster because we can hardly see each other. Christmas wasn't as hard because we hadn't grown together like we have now. I'm scared that I'm falling for somebody and I'm scared that if we don't see each other we'll fall apart. He makes me the happiest girl in the world but I just feel like crying... What the bloody hell is wrong with me!?!!!
    Nothing.

Your obviously in a great relationship. Please, for your own sake don't ruin it by being so ****ing clingy.

That is all.

(Original post by Alpharius)
    Nothing.

Your obviously in a great relationship. Please, for your own sake don't ruin it by being so ****ing clingy.

That is all.
    I missed the part that he had a girlfriend at the start.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs you'll be fine. Try not seeing your boyfriend at all for months at a time because he's away in the navy.

ReputationRep:
    are you scared he'll find someone else whilst hes back home then?

ReputationRep:

Your point being?

Seriously, if you can't bare to be away from him for 2 weeks, you either;

A) Are clingy.
    B) Deep down, don't trust him.

If you are clingy, I advise you cut it out, otherwise you'll drive him away (I've seen it happen).

If you don't trust him enough to be away for two weeks where he "might" bump into his ex, then is it really worth the effort?

(Original post by rainbow drops)
    Oh ffs you'll be fine. Try not seeing your boyfriend at all for months at a time because he's away in the navy.
    Hear that? You don't have it so bad now, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Come on, you're clearly just seeking attention here about your 'oh so great' relationship.

Show-off.

(Original post by Alpharius)

Your point being?

Seriously, if you can't bare to be away from him for 2 weeks, you either;

A) Are clingy.
    B) Deep down, don't trust him.

If you are clingy, I advise you cut it out, otherwise you'll drive him away (I've seen it happen).

If you don't trust him enough to be away for two weeks where he "might" bump into his ex, then is it really worth the effort

Hear that? You don't have it so bad now, do you?
    I don't attach myself to his leg and hump it, thank you. I don't think clingy is the appropriate word. The latter is probably correct. After 5 months it kinda feels like it is worth it - considering relationships aren't my thing. It's also a month off at easter. As for the harsh words, I'm not a complete idiot. I just wanted to know what others did during breaks of going from a bloody marriage to never seeing each other. Apologies.

(Original post by rainbow drops)
    Now you see, this does help. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, your relationship sounds ****ing hideous to me. Spending every night together?! Jesus, gives me the heebyjeebies.

That said, one month away from each other will only do the pair of you the world of good, let you readjust, make you like each other all the more. Really, it's not that long and if you can't handle it, you're really ****ing clingy and I hope your boy is just as bad, otherwise you'll drive him off. Just relax and enjoy your time apart, it won't destroy the relationship not to see him for a wee bit.

ReputationRep:
    rnibnfdib
    fd
    b
    gfn
    gfn
    gf
    n
    gf
    n

(Original post by Hylean)
    To be honest, your relationship sounds ****ing hideous to me. Spending every night together?! Jesus, gives me the heebyjeebies.

That said, one month away from each other will only do the pair of you the world of good, let you readjust, make you like each other all the more. Really, it's not that long and if you can't handle it, you're really ****ing clingy and I hope your boy is just as bad, otherwise you'll drive him off. Just relax and enjoy your time apart, it won't destroy the relationship not to see him for a wee bit.
    I honestly appreciate the words. I'm not trying to sound like a clingy monster of a girlfriend. It's just the first time I've ever cared about somebody and it makes me want to vomit more than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly appreciate the words. I'm not trying to sound like a clingy monster of a girlfriend. It's just the first time I've ever cared about somebody and it makes me want to vomit more than anything else.
    I'm sure the threat of vomit will keep him interested in that case. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy it now. Worry just when you have to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.