Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i am currently in year 12 studying media, public services and travel and tourism but wanting to retake year 12 due to having a change in career path and wanting to go to university and study aerospace engineering

I have applied for a few 6th forms and i am awaiting feedback but the main qualification is A-Level maths and i cannot do this course at school due to only getting a c at GCSE Maths and i need a B

I got offered the chance to do A-Level maths in home study but it would cost me £300 for 2 year or £365 for a fast track year

I was wondering which one would benefit me best and if it is worth doing it as this is my main qualification which i need to go to university ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreevey)
    Basically i am currently in year 12 studying media, public services and travel and tourism but wanting to retake year 12 due to having a change in career path and wanting to go to university and study aerospace engineering

I have applied for a few 6th forms and i am awaiting feedback but the main qualification is A-Level maths and i cannot do this course at school due to only getting a c at GCSE Maths and i need a B

I got offered the chance to do A-Level maths in home study but it would cost me £300 for 2 year or £365 for a fast track year

I was wondering which one would benefit me best and if it is worth doing it as this is my main qualification which i need to go to university ??
    Are you sure your goal is realistic?
    Most people I know with a B in GCSE maths find A level very hard - even with all the lessons/teacher support/MyMaths etc that they get.
    Why do you think you got a C at GCSE?

If you do go ahead with your plan you may find the attached will help your to revise GCSE knowledge that you need before you start C1.
    00 Starting AS with confidence 2008 booklet.pdf

If you are confident that you have the ability to develop your maths skills, why not resit GCSE maths this summer as a private candidate? It's late to enter but should still be possible at your current school/college if you pay the late entry fees.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.