Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dumb question I know but are they sandy colour looking or are they meant to be green?

ReputationRep:
    They look like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    They look like this
    I'm talking about Maximuscle ones. Which i know don't look like that as they are like horse tablets because they are so damn big lol.

I got them from Amazon, bottle sealed and whatnot but someone mentioned green before?

Mine are like a clear capsule with a sandy kinda colour in the clear capsule if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleConverse)
    I'm talking about Maximuscle ones. Which i know don't look like that as they are like horse tablets because they are so damn big lol.

I got them from Amazon, bottle sealed and whatnot but someone mentioned green before?

Mine are like a clear capsule with a sandy kinda colour in the clear capsule if that makes sense.
    Yep sandy in a clear capsule that's Maximuscle Thermobol

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to take it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like alot of dosh for some green tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss)
    Yep sandy in a clear capsule that's Maximuscle Thermobol
    Thankyou.

(Original post by Powerlifter)
    Why would you want to take it anyway?
    Sorry but you missed the debate a month or so ago and I cba to again.

(Original post by Bloodbath)
    Sounds like alot of dosh for some green tea.
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleConverse)
    Thankyou.

Sorry but you missed the debate a month or so ago and I cba to again.

Cool.
    Would of been better off purchasing some green tea caps or MP's thermopure pretty much the same thing, half of the price.

ReputationRep:
    I've been taking thermobol on and off for a couple of years now, so I'll share some of my knowledge with you..

I've found that no two tubs of thermobol are the same, I think of them as "good" batches and "bad" batches. When I fisrt started on them, I never got a "bad" batch at all - may be coincidence, may be a recent thing that their quality control went to the dogs.

They vary a lot in colour, but this not indicative of how well they work. I've had some that are pale/ beige in colour and some that are very dark green.

I normally know about half an hour after taking one if they are any good or not. What I'm hoping for is my appetite to vanish and my energy levels to go through the roof, although the result is usually somewhere between that and nothing whatsoever. Some batches have done nothing for my energy and actually made me feel very nauseous and sick, others have made me feel great, helped achieve killer workouts and as a result I've lost over a stone in a month.

It's very hit and miss I'm afraid to say. It's really discouraging to spend £30 on a jar of pills to find they're crap. It doesn't seem to matter where you buy them from either, I've had good and bad ones from ebay and Holland & Barrat.

Hope I've been of some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    I've been taking thermobol on and off for a couple of years now, so I'll share some of my knowledge with you..

I've found that no two tubs of thermobol are the same, I think of them as "good" batches and "bad" batches. When I fisrt started on them, I never got a "bad" batch at all - may be coincidence, may be a recent thing that their quality control went to the dogs.

They vary a lot in colour, but this not indicative of how well they work. I've had some that are pale/ beige in colour and some that are very dark green.

I normally know about half an hour after taking one if they are any good or not. What I'm hoping for is my appetite to vanish and my energy levels to go through the roof, although the result is usually somewhere between that and nothing whatsoever. Some batches have done nothing for my energy and actually made me feel very nauseous and sick, others have made me feel great, helped achieve killer workouts and as a result I've lost over a stone in a month.

It's very hit and miss I'm afraid to say. It's really discouraging to spend £30 on a jar of pills to find they're crap. It doesn't seem to matter where you buy them from either, I've had good and bad ones from ebay and Holland & Barrat.

Hope I've been of some help.
    TBH while batch uniformity could be an issue I would argue that they have little or no efficacy in general and what you're actually seeing now is your energy levels, mood, appetite, etc naturally waxing and waning based on other environmental factors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    TBH while batch uniformity could be an issue I would argue that they have little or no efficacy in general and what you're actually seeing now is your energy levels, mood, appetite, etc naturally waxing and waning based on other environmental factors.
    I know exactly what you're saying, but I'm not an idiot (forgive me), and it is not environmental factors that determmine whether the tablets work or not. I'd atually laugh at the prospect. The sudden burst of energy I get from a "good" Thermobol pill is not coincidence, I once took two my mistake (took one first thing in the morning then in my haze forgot I'd taken it, only happened once), but I realised what I'd done when I was sweating, shaking and grinding my teeth. It was awful.

I'm normally pretty lively anyway, but they certainly give me that big kick up the ass I need for an intense, sustained workout. I can run for an hour on the treadmill having taken it, I honestly wouldn't manage 35 mins without, and those 35 mins would be painful! They work brilliantly for me, but they aren't cheap. So I'm now wondering whether the gamble of whether they'll be any good is worth the £31 I pay for them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.