Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a 27 year old male and about 2 years ago on a day in which I had already masturbated twice I was having sexual intercourse and a small piece of skin on my penis split during it. It was just below the head on the right/front. Unfortunately I have had problems with the area ever since. Now a small portion of the front and right side of the penis just below the head dries up and is often very uncomfortable not only during sex, but even just rubbing against my underwear on a daily basis. It is not an STD as I have been tested and I also went to a skin doctor in Florida and she said it looked like eczema and prescribed me to a steroid cream which also was ineffective. Before that I had tried to dry out the area using a different topical cream that a doctor provided me just incase it was infected from a woman's yeast infection or something of that nature. This was also unsuccessful and probably made it worse. I had no problems in this area up to that point in my life and am starting to get a bit depressed because it bothers me often and hurts my confidence because it effects sexual performance and overall state of mind.

    For the past few months I've used a CeraVe moisturizing cream and it sometimes has helped a bit but has far from cured it.

    I should add that I am circumsized.

    If pictures would help I would be more than happy to send them. I would basically do anything at this point to cure it.

    Has anyone had any similar issues? Any doctors advice? Please help!

    Male, 27
    California, US

    Keep it clean, don't have sex, or masturbate, for a week or two, wash with water, dont put any cream on it, that may help

    Could just be sensitive and not properly healing
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.