Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep anon/delete

Honestly, I am fed up of having a boyish figure (31-25-34). I feel disgusting and unattractive (not aided by some of the comments on here). Fair enough it's not good to diet to become straight up and down (though why anyone would is beyond me) but I have tried everything to gain some curves. I have tried putting on weight (it went solely to my tummy making me even more straight up and down!) and have tried exercise to give me more definition but it didn't work. I feel that I look so masculine and that the only option is surgery. I feel pathetic for worrying about such a trivial thing but it's really bugging me now, everywhere I turn I'm being told that men only like 'curvy' women

sorry for the rant...it's late...

ReputationRep:
    You can't, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Try eating.

ReputationRep:
    Run around a round about that will make you curvy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ever. EVER. ever resort to plastic surgery.

You're probably beautifal in your own way, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound like much of a boyish figure your waist is distinctively small and hips larger than your chest

ReputationRep:
    A daily food consumption of; KFC, Mcdonalds & Nandos.

ReputationRep:
    Have children.

ReputationRep:
    You've got wide hips and a small waist, so I'd hardly call your figure 'boyish'. In fact, if your bust was only a few inches bigger, you'd have a proper hourglass figure.

ReputationRep:
    don't get fat to try and get curves.

you'll look far better as you are than as some fat bint going on about how she looks like a "real" women.

ReputationRep:
    31-25-34? Sounds like you're there already just relax.

ReputationRep:
    Wear clothes that make you appear more curvy.

ReputationRep:
    Having curves is usually a natural thing. You're either born with a body that is obviously going to be curvey when you're older (I was always thicker then my sister when I was little which gave me a fat complex even though I had about the same amount of fat on me as her) or you will develop it during puberty. If you've already gone through puberty and you still have no curves your only next option is to wait until you have children. Gaining weight will NOT give someone whos naturally got no curves curves. It will just make you fat in the places you dont want.

ReputationRep:
    Just loads of surgery.

ReputationRep:
    You can't. You are built the way you are build and your body fat distributes itself the way it does. This is not something you can change through any kind of diet and/or exercise, so just accept it. Everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem!last year I put on a stone and a half and it literally all went to my arse!I don't think you can just get curves. you're either curvy or you're not. from the measurements youve given I'd imagine you've got a waist etc anyway?
    don't get surgery though!xx

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you sound like you have a boyish figure at all, but I would agree with this...

(Original post by chellzey)
    Wear clothes that make you appear more curvy.
    There's not really anything else you can do, but if you look into and understand what clothes give the illusion of curves then that would be a good move. However, I still don't think your figure sounds boyish, but I guess it all depends on how you feel. You have a figure some curvy girls would die for though, so it would be great if you could learn to embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    Your measurements sound pretty curvy to me
    If in doubt, forget surgery, go for the right underwear, a good bra can do wonders, and wear clothes that define your waist and draw attention to your shoulders/neck, that way you'll balance your figure to look like that elusive hourglass.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's already pretty close to an hourglass figure, just look up exercises to increase your pecs, wide armed push-up for example, which will increase the size of your pecs and therefore your bust. Perfect hourglass figure there y'ah.

Just FYI i know girls who would kill for those measurements

ReputationRep:
    pics plz

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.