Announcements

ReputationRep:
    squats (srs)

ReputationRep:
    31-25-34 eermmmm isnt that already rather curvy

ReputationRep:
    From your Momma

ReputationRep:
    you could try putting on weight but from your mesurments your not boyish!!

by the sounds of it you have a 'pear shape' as your bust is slightly smaller then your hips and you have a difined waist (it's like 9" smaller than your hips!!!) but if you want to balance it all out try a pushup/padded bra you make you bust that little bit bigger

but i'd luv to the as small as you but oh well i have a bim bum and boobage! lol

luv it and embrace it all! x

ReputationRep:
    Padded bra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon/delete

Honestly, I am fed up of having a boyish figure (31-25-34). I feel disgusting and unattractive (not aided by some of the comments on here). Fair enough it's not good to diet to become straight up and down (though why anyone would is beyond me) but I have tried everything to gain some curves. I have tried putting on weight (it went solely to my tummy making me even more straight up and down!) and have tried exercise to give me more definition but it didn't work. I feel that I look so masculine and that the only option is surgery. I feel pathetic for worrying about such a trivial thing but it's really bugging me now, everywhere I turn I'm being told that men only like 'curvy' women

sorry for the rant...it's late...
    Aside from your bust, which is slightly smaller, you have the same measurements as Kelly Brook.

Men like Kelly Brook, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a 70% waist:hip ratio, and that's supposed to be the "most attractive" to men...So, either the measurements were typed wrong or you're just trolling.

ReputationRep:
    You sound curvy to me, love!

ReputationRep:
    Curves are there naturally. You can work out though, maybe gain some muscle in your bum which will make it more perky.
    I think your measurements sounds fine though. There are plenty of beautiful girls that are more straight up and down (like models).

ReputationRep:
    True, you do sound curvy already.

Although measurements don't necessarily say anything about a figure.
    E.g. I myself am a 34-24-36 and yet I really don't look curvy due to the specific way the fat around my hips distributes - I have a perky bum but narrow hips in general so I appear rather boyish. Measurements are only circumferences after all. I know girls with a larger waist-hips ratio who look far more feminine.

Unfortunately, as others pointed out, this is your build and you can't change it. Gaining weight will make you heavier, not curvier. At least that's the case with me. But I imagine if you had a predetermination to gain weight in specific places (i.e. hips/bust) you wouldn't have made this thread.
    Wear clothes that flatter you and just feel good about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon/delete

Honestly, I am fed up of having a boyish figure (31-25-34). I feel disgusting and unattractive (not aided by some of the comments on here). Fair enough it's not good to diet to become straight up and down (though why anyone would is beyond me) but I have tried everything to gain some curves. I have tried putting on weight (it went solely to my tummy making me even more straight up and down!) and have tried exercise to give me more definition but it didn't work. I feel that I look so masculine and that the only option is surgery. I feel pathetic for worrying about such a trivial thing but it's really bugging me now, everywhere I turn I'm being told that men only like 'curvy' women

sorry for the rant...it's late...
    don't worry, there is always someone out there who will find you attractive

ReputationRep:
    You're fine just the way you are If you're curvy naturally, you're gonna be curvy now. Not all men like curves. I'd be happy with a boyish figure. You can get away with so much more!

ReputationRep:
    What people say isn't the same as what they actually do.

thanks everyone for your answers - I guess I will just have to make the best of what I have!

ReputationRep:
    You already sound quite curvy, just more pear shaped than hour glass.

ReputationRep:
    Curves are something that you either have or you don't.

Of course, even if you eat more and it turns to fat, you can't really control where it goes to.
    Your body sounds fine.

ReputationRep:
    eat more, eat healthy

ReputationRep:
    Get fat, according to most sources.

But honestly you can't, not without surgery. You either have the correct body shape or you don't. You can be fat and 'curvy' :rolleyes:, but you can't be skinny & curvy.

ReputationRep:
    Eat cake

ReputationRep:
    Squats

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.