Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He keeps telling me I am beautiful.... Watch

Ok..basically as it goes, there is the one guy, known him for nearly two years now in my college class, and recently he has been moving next to me, trying to make conversation..now he has started to privately mail and say things like 'hey you looked amazing today, you're really pretty, beautiful..and perfect !

What is going on?
    What's with the sudden interest, what I supposed to make of it ? :/

*What am I supposed to make of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok..basically as it goes, there is the one guy, known him for nearly two years now in my college class, and recently he has been moving next to me, trying to make conversation..now he has started to privately mail and say things like 'hey you looked amazing today, you're really pretty, beautiful..and perfect !

What is going on?
    He just wants you to tutor him with some work. No need to panic.

ReputationRep:
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    There's a few possibilities:

1) He likes you, but can't ask you out for a drink and instead uses Justin Bieber song lyrics

2) He wants your pants and thinks you will fall for it.

I think, and hope, it's one, but he really should ask you for a drink or a meal or something along those lines rather than as you put it, a sudden interest which might come across as a bit ott.

ReputationRep:
    He obviously likes you :rolleyes: How much more obvious can it get?

I am so confused I don't want to fall into a trap, maybe I am just assuming things, and taking them a bit too far :/

ReputationRep:
    He's definitely into you.
    The next move is yours to make.

ReputationRep:
    Are you retarded?

I mean maybe, just maybe, it's a possibility that he is devoting all his time to talking to you and complementing you, so he could like you? A little bit? Did that cross your mind?

ReputationRep:
    A trap? WTF? Dealing with people necessarily exposes you emotionally. Do you like him? If so, you're in. He's making it pretty easy for you.

Hmmm, I am so confused meh

ReputationRep:
    he wants you to tell him he's beautiful:love:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I am so confused meh
    are you mentally challenged?

ReputationRep:
    Normally:

Boy: I like you!
    Girl: I like you too/ooh no thanks

Your situation:

Boy: I like you!
    Girl: Uhh what does this mean I don't UNDERSTAND OMG.

Simple. If you like him, flirt a little or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so cruel.

It depends on the type of guy. If he is a known "lad," there is a small chance he's doing it to show off to the other "lads" and tying to make you look silly.

However, more plausably, he is really into you. I've not met many who'd say it via email like he has (according to you), I'd guess slightly shy himself.

I'm looking into this too deeply.

If you like him, go for it! What do you have to lose...

ReputationRep:
    Its obvious...

he wants to challenge you to a game of chess after class, but isn't sure how to bring this up. So he giving you these subtle hints

ReputationRep:
    You forgot to anon Crazee'...

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously as clueless as you appear to be????

ReputationRep:

What is going on?
    Aw shucks, he’s just wanting to do some up close and personal inspection/testing of the items contained in your knickers.

ReputationRep:
    Next email you receive:

'Oh sorry, wrong person. Your name's close to this really hot girl I've got my eye on.'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.