Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm applying to do a year abroad in Exeter, and I'm super excited! Seeing as there are all these Fresher threads, I thought maybe people who are hoping to get in to an exchange should have one of our own Maybe give some basic info...

Home University: University of Toronto (Canada)
    Major: Mediaeval Studies (but I'll be taking History and English courses at Exeter)
    Year that I'll be starting this fall: Third
    Campus: Streatham
    Residence I'm hoping for (yes, I've spent wayyy too long reading up on Exeter already): Cook/Llewellyn Mews

I'm sure there are other things we could say here, but I can't think of any. I'd love to know if there are other people applying here, though!

Also, the deadline to apply is May 31, but the website says they'll respond to the application within 10 business days. Is that within 10 days of submitting my application, even if I were to submit it next week? Or is it within 10 days of May 31? I'm dying to start properly planning, and I want to know sooner rather than later if I'll get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uoftstudent)
    Hello!

I'm applying to do a year abroad in Exeter, and I'm super excited! Seeing as there are all these Fresher threads, I thought maybe people who are hoping to get in to an exchange should have one of our own Maybe give some basic info...

Home University: University of Toronto (Canada)
    Major: Mediaeval Studies (but I'll be taking History and English courses at Exeter)
    Year that I'll be starting this fall: Third
    Campus: Streatham
    Residence I'm hoping for (yes, I've spent wayyy too long reading up on Exeter already): Cook/Llewellyn Mews

I'm sure there are other things we could say here, but I can't think of any. I'd love to know if there are other people applying here, though!

Also, the deadline to apply is May 31, but the website says they'll respond to the application within 10 business days. Is that within 10 days of submitting my application, even if I were to submit it next week? Or is it within 10 days of May 31? I'm dying to start properly planning, and I want to know sooner rather than later if I'll get in!
    I'm not an exchange student, but I figured I could give you some input. Ususally they try to respond to applications within 10 days of submission.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm also applying for Exeter next year as an Erasmus student. I'm coming from the Sorbonne university in Paris. I'm doing a double degree in French and in English and I hope I'll be able to pick the courses I want, probably English literature and maybe a bit of French.
    I'm really getting excited too! I don't really know which residence I should apply for, probably the less expensive one.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.