Turn on thread page Beta

does/has anyone dated someone above their standards watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dated this guy that was pretty out of my league tbh, for a couple of months. He was really good looking, athletic etc. He loved my personality, according to him. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I think the whole notion of "standards" is pathetic. Have I ever been with someone who was considerably more attractive than myself? Yes, I think I have but it is obviously very subjective.
    This.

Why would I be with someone if I didn't find them extremely attractive? Whether it's looks, personality or just hormones... if I'm into it, I'm into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    You probably mean "out of your league"? Standards are like minimum requirements, so obviously everybody seeks someone above their minimum standards (but are sometimes willing to settle for less).

I don't think I've dated someone I'd say was 'out of my league'.
    yea your right when i was writing this thread and i was thinking i know there is another way to say this and what i meant is 'out of your league'

(Original post by tweety_2479)
    out of interest have you/ do you date anyone that people or yourself may assume to be above above your standards as in extremely better looking
    Every straight man dates someone above his standards

ReputationRep:
    I dunno really. I probably wouldn't be interested in someone I felt was "out of my league" (whatever that's supposed to mean). I'm more interested in someone who seems more attainable. I don't mean that in a degrading way... I just mean that in a way, as in... I can actually see myself with that person?? I dunno. I hate the idea of standards based upon looks. It's too superficial.

ReputationRep:
    All my exs dated someone above their standard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spritzelme)
    I tend to grossly underestimate myself, and grossly overestimate everybody else. this usually leads to me being really insecure about my looks, going for the guy who is way below my league, and getting rejected by the same for being way out of his. :/
    Guys don't reject people for being out of their league, ever.

ReputationRep:
    A few of my ex girlfriends have

ReputationRep:
    I've dated three girls all above my standard...Two of them way better looking then me and one of them 6 years older than me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.