Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    mens skinny jeans are like leaving mainstream fashion & runway. wats up? I like skinny jeans very much. will we go back straight & slim jeans. you CAN be fashionable w/o them ya know. comment this please. I want to know what you think.

ReputationRep:
    i hope so
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think men in skinny jeans look ridiculous. Just thinking about it conjures up the image of an anorexic emo guy :/ it's not good.

ReputationRep:
    They were alive before? That's worrying.

ReputationRep:
    YES. I used to like them, now I just think they're ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Skinny jeans are pretty has-been. I heard carrot top jeans are the shape for now. Kinda slim leg on the bottom and slightly baggy at the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Yeah. Skinny jeans are pretty has-been. I heard carrot top jeans are the shape for now. Kinda slim leg on the bottom and slightly baggy at the top.
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    :puke:
    Well I didn't invent them! That's just the way it is. Besides, I like them. They are really unique and new looking. It makes a change from regurgitating trends from the decades of yore, its actually a new design and they flatter both larger and slimmer builds which is more than I can say about the skinny jean.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say so. When I go into central london I always see lanky hipsters with their jeans and trousers practically cutting into their malnourished, stick-thin legs, as they leap from shop to shop buying vintage clothes en-masse to feed their over-inflated "LOOK AT ME I WEAR EAR GAUGES! FEED ME ATTENTION!" ego.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be seen dead in those jeans.
    They have the style of a rotting buffalo carcass

ReputationRep:
    I bloody well hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)
    I wouldn't say so. When I go into central london I always see lanky hipsters with their jeans and trousers practically cutting into their malnourished, stick-thin legs, as they leap from shop to shop buying vintage clothes en-masse to feed their over-inflated "LOOK AT ME I WEAR EAR GAUGES! FEED ME ATTENTION!" ego.
    I was in Covent Garden yesterday.....ridden with them I tells ya.

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't invent them! That's just the way it is. Besides, I like them. They are really unique and new looking. It makes a change from regurgitating trends from the decades of yore, its actually a new design and they flatter both larger and slimmer builds which is more than I can say about the skinny jean.
    carrot jeans aren't flattering on anyone even with slight hips never mind bigger builds

ReputationRep:
    Ever considered people wear them because they like them, not because they're 'in fashion'?

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend tends to wear skinny jeans. not like those uber-tight 'stretch' ones that look like jeggings though!...........that's just too much,even for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    carrot jeans aren't flattering on anyone even with slight hips never mind bigger builds
    I think they are. Skinny jeans cut in horrendously and don't fit larger legs. Girlwise - Carrot or 'tapered' style slim fit jeans are much more versatile with fitting different builds because the top of them are a lot more generously cut to allow for a more shapely ass (in my case) and they give someone with narrow hips more curves.
    I have a few pairs of carrot/peg leg/tapered jeans (all different names for the same thing) because of their fit and also because I think they look chic.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are. Skinny jeans cut in horrendously and don't fit larger legs. Girlwise - Carrot or 'tapered' style slim fit jeans are much more versatile with fitting different builds because the top of them are a lot more generously cut to allow for a more shapely ass (in my case) and they give someone with narrow hips more curves.
    I have a few pairs of carrot/peg leg/tapered jeans (all different names for the same thing) because of their fit and also because I think they look chic.
    they look lovely if you can pull them off yeah. I find they make my legs looks super short and my arse look huge!

ReputationRep:
    I Ussually wear slim-fit rather than skinny nowadays.

However id much rather wear skinny jeans whan straight, baggy, or bootcut becasue they are ****ing discusting, jeans hanging over shoes is not a good look IMO.

I think Skinnys are still in fashion with indie kids, rolled up just above the ankle and worn with boat shoes.

ReputationRep:
    carrot fit jeans are the new 'skinny jeans'

I never jumped on the skinny jeans bandwagon though, but I've been wearing carrot fit jeans for a while now. I love them, but I find that they're not skinny enough...even the skinny carrot fit jeans are still quite baggy

ReputationRep:
    denim short-shorts and tights are all I see girls wearing recently... Or rather I went in to town once and saw a million girls all wearing them - maybe its only a certain group...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.