Turn on thread page Beta

Motorway Services watch

• View Poll Results: Which Services?
    Little Chef (Not Technically motorway services, but definitely a favourite)
    20.59%
    Moto
    20.59%
    Road Chef
    0%
    Welcome Break
    58.82%
    Extra MSA
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so they may not be the Ritz of eateries, but lets be frank here, the need for a snackette or relieve certain other needs on our travels is often too much, and often these places are the only places to go.

So which chain of services do you prefer?

Personally i groan every time I see a Roadchef, gross food.

Welcome Break till I die!

I also decided to chuck in Little Chef. I mean who could turn down an Olympic Breakfast. Really?

Who is the king of the services?

ReputationRep:
    Anything with an M&S simply food or waitrose. They both do excellent lunches.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I turned into one which advertised a Waitrose to find it was only a mini supermarket.

Bah humbug!

I thought Heston Blumenthal would be cooking up a storm in a Waitrose kitchen for me!

ReputationRep:
    I would never eat in a services, the prices are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elenathion)
    Agreed they are very overpriced, but when there is no alternative and I'm starving, I don't care how much it is.

ReputationRep:
    Whichever oxford services are, think it's MOTO..

ReputationRep:
    British motorway service stations need to take a leaf out of the service stations of Italy and France :sexface:

I still remember the Brie and Bacon baguette I had from a service station on the Autostrada last year, that's how good it was :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz957)
    Agreed they are very overpriced, but when there is no alternative and I'm starving, I don't care how much it is.
    Oh I bring food with me for long journeys.
    I will buy coffee from them though but thats more about my coffee addiction hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I hands down refuse to pay their prices, so neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elenathion)
    This. Perhaps if everyone followed our example, they would be forced to reduce the prices. Unfortunately, people are stupid, so this isn't going to happen.

If I know I'm going to be that hungry I'll pack a sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome break and Waitrose Omnomnom!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Break FTW.

ReputationRep:
    I only really buy coffee from them. If I'm on a motorway at dinnertime, I'll have packed some food normally.

Although I've been on a few long journeys through Europe which have warranted a bite to eat at a service station; only because I might fancy a hot meal in a 30-hour period!

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to pay £10 for a bloody cooked breakfast at a service station ¬_¬

However, give me a mini M&S/Waitrose or an Upper Crust and I'm a slave to it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to grab food too often from motorway services (partially due to the nearest motorway being about 60 miles away), and when I do find myself on them I usually have some food packed to take with me.

However if push comes to shove if theres a McDonalds/Burger King/KFC I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Have only travelled on a motorway once since 2007 and that was only in Edinburgh for twenty mins! But when we did go by motorway we used to stop at Moto I think.. Stopped at Watford Gap once which was lovely - no idea who runs that though. Prices are always far too high though.

ReputationRep:
    This is an important issue. The poor services are often overlooked. Sometimes you can get a half decent meal there!

ReputationRep:
    Tebay services.

It gets really crowded, though...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Moto.

I had a really bad experience there once, but they sent me £20 vouchers to say sorry. They also do 20% discount for AA members.

ReputationRep:
    The services that i stop at when i go home for the weekend is a petrol station, a mcdonalds drivethrough and a littlechef.

Mcdonalds ftw, its so much cheaper than burger king, it also has a drivethrough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.