Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hii all,
    im currently doing history a-level and i really need some tips on how to revise for it:confused:......thanx xx

ReputationRep:
    The key idea is to understand the issues and themes around your topic - write them down and expand into subtopics and into essay questions. Practice essay are just as important as knowing your stuff in my opinion. Having a good essay technique is highly important - makes it easier to focus on your points and analysis so you don't waffle. Write as many as you can and have your teacher or someone else read through it for you. This will make you better prepared for anything unexpected in the exam.

Revision I find is highly personal, some things work for some and other things work for other people. For me, having lots of notes divided in different colours to represent separate themes helps me to organise my ideas. Essay plans and practice timed essays are also important for me, to get use to the time restraints. You can't waffle - this is important- you must have focused analysis and get the best marks.

ReputationRep:
    Creating a timeline with all the key dates from your particular topic is really useful for History as it will help you to build up your knowledge and develop your understanding of the causes and effects of each event.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 30, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.