Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What could be wrong with my cat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    After I let him in last night I noticed he was holding his tail really weirdly but I didn't think very much of it. Then this morning when I got up he was still holding his tail the same way.

It's as if the end of the tail is just dead weight. The first 3 or so inches of his tail is sticking up like it normally would but then the rest of it just hangs down and he doesn't seem able too move it. When he tried to lie or sit down the tail would get in the way and he wasn't able to move it out from under him so I reached over to move it for him and he jumped up as though I had hurt him. When he was eating I tried to take a look at it but when I touched his tail again he hissed at me so I left it alone.

I think he needs to go to the vets but the next time I'll be able to bring him is Monday. I've asked my mum to bring him instead but she thinks it's probably just bruising and says he doesn't need a vet. I really don't think bruising would affect him like this though. Advice?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know if it is just a bruise i think you should show him to a vet since he can't tell you how he is feeling. its better to check him, so if there is anything serious you can prevent it.

ReputationRep:
    If he wasn't able to move it himself, it sounds like it could be a break. If it's a break, anything past the break point will be dead weight and he won't be able to move it. It'll still hurt because the break point of it will hurt him.

I'd get him checked out asap. The sooner he's seen, the higher the chances of something being possible to do if it is indeed a break.

I hope it isn't and he's just trapped it in something though!

ReputationRep:
    Are you insured? When my cat was ill I phoned the Tesco vet hotline and they helped me. It will save you money instead of you going to the vet and them charging you a fortune to tell you that your cat has a cut on his tail or something.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like hes caught it in a door or something and its broke,

get him to a vet to get checked out

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a break

ReputationRep:
    A break was my immediate reaction too. Hopefully now I can convince my mum to take him to the vet now that I have other opinions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.