The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Don't know what I'm doing?

I'm so confused. I've filled out the personal details, made an account, got my number blah blah. What on earth do I do now? I go to Support An Application and this comes up

I don't know what I'm doing at all someone please help. :|
Reply 1
Are you sure you've filled out the correct bit? I'm not an expert, but that looks like it's for someone who is providing evidence (e.g. a parent) rather than an actual student.
Original post by Ice_Queen
Are you sure you've filled out the correct bit? I'm not an expert, but that looks like it's for someone who is providing evidence (e.g. a parent) rather than an actual student.

This.
That part is for your parents to fill in.
Reply 3
It's alright, nor do Student Finance.
Reply 4
Original post by WelshBluebird
This.
That part is for your parents to fill in.

What the feck am I supposed to be doing? How can they fill it in? There's no where to click? Oh my god I'm so confused.
Ask for paper forms for your parents
Original post by chlobofro
What the feck am I supposed to be doing? How can they fill it in? There's no where to click? Oh my god I'm so confused.

I can't remember the specifics of when I did it, and I think the student finance wales one was different anyway.
Can't you ask Rebecca about it? (cos she's just done it). Or someone in sixth form?
Reply 7
Original post by WelshBluebird
I can't remember the specifics of when I did it, and I think the student finance wales one was different anyway.
Can't you ask Rebecca about it? (cos she's just done it). Or someone in sixth form?

I will do actually. I just need someone to go through it with me xD
Reply 8
Original post by chlobofro

Go back and fill everything in with your parents' details.

To apply for student finance go to the student finance website, then click 'Log in to your student finance account' and then click 'Full time students: Register and apply for full-time student finance online'. This should take you to the section where you fill in your own details. There should also be a section that links you with your parents' section.
I am having this same problem, what do I do?

On my account it says, your mother has been linked.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
I believe these are where your parents fill out their income for 2009/10. You need to do it for both your parents for most cases.
Original post by mr tim
I believe these are where your parents fill out their income for 2009/10. You need to do it for both your parents for most cases.

Yeah but on my mother's account it says, she isn't linked to any students. However, on mine it says your mother has been linked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending