Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I have lurked this forum for a long time and have just decided to join as I'll be attending the Lower Sixth Form at Gresham's School in Hold, Norfolk. I would be happy if anyone could give me information on this school, apart from their website, which is very informing, it'd be more helpful if anyone could write a bit on how do the students feel about this school, boarding life etc. It'd be great if anyone that actually studies at Gresham's could reply to this post.
    Cheers and thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I went to Gresham's School sixth form but that was about 5 years ago. Don't know if that is too far in the past but I don't think that there have been any major changes since then.

I really enjoyed my stay at Gresham's. But it depends entirely what you make of your stay there. Some friends of mine at Gresham's did not like it very much, the majority did though!
    Anyway, I was a fullboarder and stood at Howson's House (the best house of course :P). Do you know what house you will be staying at?
    I guess that arriving at Gresham's in sixth form is pretty neat. I think its way more comfortable than being there for forms below the sixth.
    One thing that annoyed me a lot is that we had assemblies at the school chapel 6x a week. I was not a big fan of that but at some point you will figure out a way to ditch that **** hahah.

Well, all in all, I quite enjoyed my stay there. If you have any specific questions pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_decider)
    Hey,

I went to Gresham's School sixth form but that was about 5 years ago. Don't know if that is too far in the past but I don't think that there have been any major changes since then.

I really enjoyed my stay at Gresham's. But it depends entirely what you make of your stay there. Some friends of mine at Gresham's did not like it very much, the majority did though!
    Anyway, I was a fullboarder and stood at Howson's House (the best house of course :P). Do you know what house you will be staying at?
    I guess that arriving at Gresham's in sixth form is pretty neat. I think its way more comfortable than being there for forms below the sixth.
    One thing that annoyed me a lot is that we had assemblies at the school chapel 6x a week. I was not a big fan of that but at some point you will figure out a way to ditch that **** hahah.

Well, all in all, I quite enjoyed my stay there. If you have any specific questions pm me.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sending a PM right now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.