Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has used this to get tax back from their placement year?

http://www.taxback4students.com/

Ric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleungz)
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has used this to get tax back from their placement year?

http://www.taxback4students.com/

Ric
    If they're making money from this, they are genius' and there are a lot of idiotic students out there.

All you need to do is tally up the tax you've paid on your payslips since April, phone HMRC and ask them to refund your tax for you. You may have to fill out a 2-page form.

Seriously, it will take you longer giving all your details to this company for them to fill out the forms than just filling it out yourself.

What a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    Been posted already.
    If you are bone idle, stupid and can't fill in a simple IR form then go for it.
    Oh and firms like this take about 40% of anything they get back for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Been posted already.
    If you are bone idle, stupid and can't fill in a simple IR form then go for it.
    Oh and firms like this take about 40% of anything they get back for you.
    Jeezzz! You need to calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    If they're making money from this, they are genius' and there are a lot of idiotic students out there.

All you need to do is tally up the tax you've paid on your payslips since April, phone HMRC and ask them to refund your tax for you. You may have to fill out a 2-page form.

Seriously, it will take you longer giving all your details to this company for them to fill out the forms than just filling it out yourself.

What a waste of money.

Yeah, I was thinking that, I just wanted to double check. I apologies about starting a new thread, I just found another one started a couple days ago.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.