Turn on thread page Beta

Supporting teams outside the Premier League. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello first of all

Well anyway my point is, I do not support any teams from the premier league, I support F.C Barcelona. Would people hate me for that? :P

I'm an international student, and I know how football crazy England is!

ReputationRep:
    No?

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of em. Are they in the conference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Never heard of em. Are they in the conference?
    They're just another small team trying to copy a name like 'FC United' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    They're just another small team trying to copy a name like 'FC United' :rolleyes:
    Pfft, I agree ManU is a huge team but F.C Barcelona can destroy any of the large premier league teams.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Are you Spanish? I tend to get annoyed if people 'support' a team from a country they weren't born in or have no links to. Like people who went on holiday to Italy when they were twelve and are now Milan fans. No you're not :|

ReputationRep:
    Are you from the area or is it a family team ? do you ever go to games ? i ****ing hate barcelona but don't really hate anyone just for who they support unless they are **** fans like the lads from kent who support united and are ***** about it always giving it the big one even though they never go, everyone knows one of those.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even from europe man, I support a team here at home in a national league as well but football here is nothing compared to the strength of european football. I only watch european football because its so exciting and its the best there is.

ReputationRep:
    I support Brentford! They're in League one.

JP trophy final @ Wembley on Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    It's not a problem I support two teams one from my country and one premier league. Don't know why you would think that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarcaFan333)
    Pfft, I agree ManU is a huge team but F.C Barcelona can destroy any of the large premier league teams.
    Do you even know who fc united are? (I'll give you a hint - their not Man Utd).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Do you even know who fc united are? (I'll give you a hint - their not Man Utd).
    Oh, my mistake then.

ReputationRep:
    The question is where are u from OP?

ReputationRep:
    No, you won't be hated for not supporting an English team? If you had to pick though, who would it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    It depends. Are you Spanish? I tend to get annoyed if people 'support' a team from a country they weren't born in or have no links to. Like people who went on holiday to Italy when they were twelve and are now Milan fans. No you're not :|
    Err..people can support whatever club/s they like; a passion for a club can cross nations and continents. And in this age of the internet and tv broadcasting, somebody from Vancouver can follow a Milan club as much as a Milanese youth.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from jordan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodion Raskolnikow)
    Err..people can support whatever club/s they like; a passion for a club can cross nations and continents. And in this age of the internet and tv broadcasting, somebody from Vancouver can follow a Milan club as much as a Milanese youth.
    Well, if you're not actually counting going to games in that theory...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarcaFan333)
    Hello first of all

Well anyway my point is, I do not support any teams from the premier league, I support F.C Barcelona. Would people hate me for that? :P

I'm an international student, and I know how football crazy England is!
    People here are crazy about football so the worst thing you could do is support any team here just because you're here.

If you are a real Barca fan, people will probs respect you for that.

Do watch the Premier League though! It's a lot more exciting than the La Liga

ReputationRep:
    No. I support Bayern Munich since I started following football and nobody hates me for that. Just make sure you pick one British team as well, just in case they ask you what EPL team you support.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.