Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Supporting teams outside the Premier League. watch

ReputationRep:
    Sounds abit like glory hunting to me. Your supporting a team thats good and has won alot, because your team at home isn't very good? Pffffft! Glory hunting.

ReputationRep:
    i support f.c. klaipeda of lithuania, because this used to be my local team before i moved to live in england ^^
    however i do keenly follow fulham of the premier league aswell :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    People here are crazy about football so the worst thing you could do is support any team here just because you're here.

If you are a real Barca fan, people will probs respect you for that.

Do watch the Premier League though! It's a lot more exciting than the La Liga
    Well yeah I do watch premier league sometimes and for a fact it is much more exciting but I love spanish football and especially FC Barcelona because the way they play is just beautiful and makes you think how the hell could pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    No. I support Bayern Munich since I started following football and nobody hates me for that. Just make sure you pick one British team as well, just in case they ask you what EPL team you support.
    Yes, I feel confident an English person would ask "What EPL team do you support?" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    FC Halifax Town

Sunday Pub League FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Are you from the area or is it a family team ? do you ever go to games ? i ****ing hate barcelona but don't really hate anyone just for who they support unless they are **** fans like the lads from kent who support united and are ***** about it always giving it the big one even though they never go, everyone knows one of those.
    You can support a team and not live there or go to the games. I love liverpool, but I live in Windsor and can't afford the money to go to liverpool games, yet i watch everything on the telly, but their magazine, listen to games on the radio if they arent on tv and I have a liverpool patch sewn onto my metal jacket.

You are only a bad fan if you switch teams. Through thick and thin I will always support liverpool, but if you change your team then you are awfiul. I supported them as kind of family tradition as my grandad is from there, and also when I got into football I really liked watching sami hyppia

ReputationRep:
    Support my team, MK Dons, then people will hate you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barcafan333)
    hello first of all :d

well anyway my point is, i do not support any teams from the premier league, i support f.c barcelona. Would people hate me for that?

i'm an international student, and i know how football crazy england is!
    get back on your, sofa glory hunter

ReputationRep:
    Support Leeds United and you will become really popular. Honest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.