Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether i should take my xbox to uni or not, would i have time and it would it be practical?

I applied to civil engineering at Bristol.

Edit : Bristol is most probably where I'm going

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would. I took mine in freshers and found it to be a great social aid. Not every night will people want to be going out clubbing, so on a quiet night you and your mates can grab a few beers, pizza and kick back with a good old game of fifa.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering that too but I'd probably end up leaving it home for my brothers. Wouldn't have the time or the money to buy new games for it.

ReputationRep:
    How can you say no to halo reach? And black ops???

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would be a good idea. Had my 360 lying around for 2 terms and not once turned it on.

In my opinion it's a waste of effort. You probably won't find much time to play, and if you do, you'll end up just playing on someone else's console (as some others are likely to bring a console).

ReputationRep:
    I can give up my xbox easily, but i'd rather take it with me because nobody at home uses it but me. Would I have to buy a screen for it or would the dorms come with the tv preinstalled? And if I were to buy a tv around how much would it cost for a normal LCD tv(nothing fancy)

ReputationRep:
    Subjective, some will find it a waste of time, some won't.

I brought mine to Uni and while I no longer sit there playing it by myself it's great to have a few beers and play FIFA with some mates, was definitely worth it in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Yh man that'd be decent someone has to bring one, I'm definitely bringing my controller at least.

ReputationRep:
    Take it. I mean I hardly play mine, but that's down to my gaming habits. But it's great for meeting people and hanging out.

ReputationRep:
    With Skyrim coming out in November, its an easy choice

ReputationRep:
    Take it and play with it, instead of playing with yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, how else can you play DVDs and fifa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    How can you say no to halo reach? And black ops???
    to Black ops? easily

but Reach is the ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craiky1506)
    Subjective, some will find it a waste of time, some won't.
    :ditto:
    In my opinion, I think it'd be worth taking it for the first term at least, and while you're at uni you can judge whether or not it's something you want to keep there; if you're not using it and think it might be better at home then take it home when you go back for reading week, Christmas or whatever. If you are using it or (like ash-corbett-collins above) you're not using it often but might occasionally dabble with it then you might prefer to keep it at uni for the times when you do have a bit of spare time to use it This is a question that has no clearly defined yes/no answer that works for everyone. People juggle their academic/social/personal stuff differently and it's up to you to find out how to balance it all yourself and whether your 360 can fit into that balance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    to Black ops? easily

but Reach is the ****

What division on arena?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please answer the tv question in my reply above ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarcaFan333)
    Can anyone please answer the tv question in my reply above ^
    Most halls, and other uni accomodation usually have a TV in a communal area. You would probably have to see if it's ok with the rest of your house mates before setting up ofcourse, or maybe there's a uni policy preventing people from doing so, but that seems unlikely.

As for buying a TV for your own room, you can probably find a few cheap ones.

E.g.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-1476.aspx

£100 for that seems like a good deal.

ReputationRep:
    I took mine, very glad I did. I had no problems balancing it with work/social life, and drunken fifa tournaments are always great [=

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.