Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)

Spoilsport!
    Naughty Naughty :naughty:

I still couldn't decide whether that was real or a computer graphic :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Naughty Naughty :naughty:

I still couldn't decide whether that was real or a compyter graphic :confused:
    Real.

Top tip; if anyone in a mortuary suggests you have a look in a shoebox, just say no!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto any innocuous looking buckets.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not interested in medicine but if I was it'd have to be intensive care or psychiatry as I pretty much grew up on them wards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprisun!)
    I'm not interested in medicine but if I was it'd have to be intensive care or psychiatry as I pretty much grew up on them wards.
    :no:

Please, no more.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Slightly worried by all the paeds wannabes

My three:

1) Paeds :rolleyes:
    2) GP
    3) Surprisingly I think MFE, which was way down the list until my placement there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    :no:

Please, no more.
    No more what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprisun!)
    No more what?
    No more :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    Anaesthetics
    Renal med
    I'm also curious about immunology, but it seems like a small and exclusive specialty with a lot of overlap with rheum/infectious diseases

Obviously subject to change :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Lol I love TSR
    You mean you're cynical about the droves of budding neurosurgeons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Dirty, smelly, bleeding and oozing gash float your boat?
    spend long enough peering up them and you turn into one ...

explains the character traits of gynae and general surgeons quite well... it's the brain damage from rugby that does it to orthopods...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    I think that forensic psychiatry looks really interesting (I like the sound of psychiatry in general) especially and if I hadn't decided to apply for medicine for 2012 entry then I probably would've applied for Forensic Chemistry. The only thing that would worry me is that would it not be scary knowing that you are treating criminals who could be rapists or murderers?
    How is it scary? They're still people. I work in a home for sectioned adults, and some of my patients have criminal records like that. You don't see them as a 'murderer', they're just a person with a psychiatric illness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    How is it scary? They're still people. I work in a home for sectioned adults, and some of my patients have criminal records like that. You don't see them as a 'murderer', they're just a person with a psychiatric illness.
    I agree, I think that if you were in situation like that where you were dealing with patients with a criminal record then of course you can't think of them as a criminal and have to treat them purely as a patient. I think its just because I've never been in that situation before and Patch Adams sort of freaked me out a bit (when the psychiatric patient kills the girl doctor) but then again that's just a film. I also need to stop listening to my mum..." I think psychiatry seems really interesting!" "I think that if you were a pschiatrist it would be scary"

ReputationRep:
    Radiology
    ENT
    Dermatology
    GP

In that order right now

ReputationRep:
    No doubt my mind will change on this, and when I realise how hopelessly competitive they all are I will just become a GP.. but this is what I've answered on my reflective portfolio

1: Radiology
    2: Oncology
    3: Cardiology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Slightly worried by all the paeds wannabes

My three:

1) Paeds :rolleyes:
    2) GP
    3) Surprisingly I think MFE, which was way down the list until my placement there
    All about neonatal :yes:

Or BLOOD :banana:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tech)
    No doubt my mind will change on this, and when I realise how hopelessly competitive they all are I will just become a GP.. but this is what I've answered on my reflective portfolio

1: Radiology
    2: Oncology
    3: Cardiology
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:
    linky link

i'd say that was quite competitive, compared to the GP/psych etc figures it's definitely higher. although how much raw numbers tells you about competition i couldn't say...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely too early to even contemplate the thought of deciding on a particular specialty, but as things stand at the moment I'm quite interested in:

1)Anaesthetics
    2)O&G
    3)Emergency medicine
    3)Gastroenterology

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.