Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:
    I have been told the same, hopefully it's true.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:
    It could be a lot worse, you're right - it's not as competitive as paeds, neuro, surgery etc.. but still, more competitive than I would like

ReputationRep:
    paeds seems less competative numerically than the previously supplied link on radiology

edit: just noticed the difference in method of stating '# applicants' which makes them less directly comparable

ReputationRep:
    Numberswise, oncology may not be that competitive. It's still hard to get into though - you need to complete CMT (and MRCP usually) and almost all oncologists will fit in a PhD somewhere along the way. It seems to be a very academic pathway.

ReputationRep:
    not a medical student yet either but:

-obstetrics
    -neonatology
    -anaesthetics

ReputationRep:
    1. Paeds Radiology
    2. Interventional Radiology
    3. Trauma Radiology

ReputationRep:
    Radiology is pretty competitive although less so than it used to be. Few years ago it was 18:1 applicants to posts, this year it was 4:1

ReputationRep:
    1)neurology
    2)geriatrics
    3)paediatrics or psychiatry

DDDDD

ReputationRep:
    Nephrology!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craydot)
    nephronology!!!
    your takin da piss , shirley ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    your takin da piss , shirley ?
    no..

ReputationRep:
    Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery with a special interest in facial plastics and aesthetics/cosmetic. (In my dreams).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craydot)
    no..
    craydot, what is the speciality actually called? ( i see you have corrected it in your orginal post) and what does it deal with? and what's the main product of that organ ? ...

under the TSR PGDs i am supplying with with a bottle of whoosh and some clue pills to be taken twice daily and referring you for a sense of humour infusion...

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.