Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:
    I have been told the same, hopefully it's true.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think oncology was competitive? Or radiology for that matter. Compared to lots of others :dontknow:
    It could be a lot worse, you're right - it's not as competitive as paeds, neuro, surgery etc.. but still, more competitive than I would like

ReputationRep:
    paeds seems less competative numerically than the previously supplied link on radiology

edit: just noticed the difference in method of stating '# applicants' which makes them less directly comparable

ReputationRep:
    Numberswise, oncology may not be that competitive. It's still hard to get into though - you need to complete CMT (and MRCP usually) and almost all oncologists will fit in a PhD somewhere along the way. It seems to be a very academic pathway.

ReputationRep:
    not a medical student yet either but:

-obstetrics
    -neonatology
    -anaesthetics

ReputationRep:
    1. Paeds Radiology
    2. Interventional Radiology
    3. Trauma Radiology

ReputationRep:
    Radiology is pretty competitive although less so than it used to be. Few years ago it was 18:1 applicants to posts, this year it was 4:1

ReputationRep:
    1)neurology
    2)geriatrics
    3)paediatrics or psychiatry

DDDDD

ReputationRep:
    Nephrology!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craydot)
    nephronology!!!
    your takin da piss , shirley ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    your takin da piss , shirley ?
    no..

ReputationRep:
    Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery with a special interest in facial plastics and aesthetics/cosmetic. (In my dreams).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craydot)
    no..
    craydot, what is the speciality actually called? ( i see you have corrected it in your orginal post) and what does it deal with? and what's the main product of that organ ? ...

under the TSR PGDs i am supplying with with a bottle of whoosh and some clue pills to be taken twice daily and referring you for a sense of humour infusion...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.