Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Same here for design, the alternative solutions thing do you just have to include spreadsheets and website if i chose to do a database?
    I did 4 alternative solutions for database. I did spreadsheet, html, paper-based and database. I need to get at least an A on this coursework and I just don't trust my teachers marking! Do you know how to do a test plan? Apparently your supposed to divide it up in to functional, system and user testing!?

ReputationRep:
    i actually havent looked at testing same here my teacher gave me 11/14 for the first part and tbh i thought it was really worth more than that I am just looking at sample work to see how to do things but its kind of confusing...btw do you know for data flow diagrams can they be produced on word?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    i actually havent looked at testing same here my teacher gave me 11/14 for the first part and tbh i thought it was really worth more than that I am just looking at sample work to see how to do things but its kind of confusing...btw do you know for data flow diagrams can they be produced on word?
    i did data flow diagrams for analysis and delieverables section. I produced them all in word, but they were copied up from ones which I had hand drawn. I did like a context diagram, and then level 1, 2 and 3 data flow diagrams. I even did a data dictionairy and still got only 2 marks for processes :/ I have a feeling my teacher could be doing it on purpose. To be honest, at this point in time is to vital not to waste time word processing diagrams which are complicated. If i was in your position I would draw them out by hand neatly and then scan them in. Time now is to precious to be wasting hours on unnecessary things. This coursework has stressed me so much. I'm literally doing all of section 4 tonight and have got to create a user guide to. When you get in to it it's not actually that hard. I'm just aiming for 11 on section 4. Evaluation is easy, going for 7 marks. 12 on each section = A grade.

ReputationRep:
    56 is an A right? Yeh even my teacher said you should get full marks in evaluation and project report...i think testing shouldnt be too bad? and wtf you should have got all 3 marks for the processes part :|and do you know if hand drawings need to go into your project?

ReputationRep:
    I've given up for today started with maths after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    56 is an A right? Yeh even my teacher said you should get full marks in evaluation and project report...i think testing shouldnt be too bad? and wtf you should have got all 3 marks for the processes part :|and do you know if hand drawings need to go into your project?
    all my hand drawings im going to put in to a seperate section at the end of the project report. And yes 56 is an A, but out of 70 in terms of raw mark for each section, in total you need 54 out of 70 = A grade.
    Therefore anything higher is great. I think I will get about 60 out of 70, so hopefully when converted to UMS that should give me something like 77/80, so a top A. And today I started section 4, a did a bit of testing. Going to finish the complete section tomorrow, it's not really hard, just using exemplar materials. Then a user guide after.

How are you getting on with Unit 3 revision? We did it in January and did badly. Have you started revison, I have only done 2 chapters so far and got loads to cover. Gotta ace that paper!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh just going to do design today hopefully finish it then test tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started unit 3 argh i feel so behind i still don't know why we started info 4 so late , hows revision going for you anyway? That's my last exam what bout you? which uni do you planning on going, firmed/insured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    I haven't even started unit 3 argh i feel so behind i still don't know why we started info 4 so late , hows revision going for you anyway? That's my last exam what bout you? which uni do you planning on going, firmed/insured?
    Info 3 is almost my last exam, I did it in january didnt do to well. Got the paper back did well on big questions, rubbish on small ones. Done about 2 chapters so far. During easter break going to finish all, have to smash that paper! Firm is university of birmingham and insurance is uni of sheffield for radiography bsc.
    I'm doing all testing today to, just going to the park for a bit now for a break!
    whats your uni choices etc?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nice firm is hertfordshire and insurance is kingston for business economics, still working on alternative solutions, trying to get all the marks where i can...i need to start revising soon as well urmm maybe on tuesday

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone getting on with there coursework?? I'm currently on client/user testing of the system and producing 'evidence' of actual 'client'!! testing ha

ReputationRep:
    Test plan, last thing on design and solution!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, im doing the same INFO4 coursework, im making a database for a rental company.

Our teachers are useless, we dont get any help what so ever.

Do you guys have like sample coursework previously completed, so i can just read though the sections that i am confused about.

Thanks,
    K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Test plan, last thing on design and solution!
    cool. I'm just finishing off all my testing today. Having to force myself to do it! It has to been done for after half term otherwise there won't be enough time to go through it all again!

ReputationRep:
    I almost finished design btw how complicated is your testing...can you give me 1 example of a test you have done....if I say to test my password on database, the actual result should open the database with the correct password and deny with the wrong and print screen is that it for example the marking guide is confusing as hell

ReputationRep:
    Am still on test plan on design that's the last part before testing...just been revising going to carry on the coming friday and hopefully get everything done within 4 four days

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for typing and confusing sentences on bb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    my teacher gave me a "12 out of 14" but i think he is too generous! i hate this coursework. i am on analysis and deliverables still though i have done my alternative solutions bit in teh deisgn phase already. i did html excel paper and access solutions and a conclusion thing, was about 2 and a bit pages.

(Original post by raj-010)
    i did data flow diagrams for analysis and delieverables section. I produced them all in word, but they were copied up from ones which I had hand drawn. I did like a context diagram, and then level 1, 2 and 3 data flow diagrams. I even did a data dictionairy and still got only 2 marks for processes :/ I have a feeling my teacher could be doing it on purpose. To be honest, at this point in time is to vital not to waste time word processing diagrams which are complicated. If i was in your position I would draw them out by hand neatly and then scan them in. Time now is to precious to be wasting hours on unnecessary things. This coursework has stressed me so much. I'm literally doing all of section 4 tonight and have got to create a user guide to. When you get in to it it's not actually that hard. I'm just aiming for 11 on section 4. Evaluation is easy, going for 7 marks. 12 on each section = A grade.
    i know right timing is crucial and time is dwindling!! you sound like you know what youre doing! i am stuck on the project scope! its whats putting me behind well that and the description of the proposed system...you need so much for just 3 marks each.

applying for forensic biology at university of glamorgan (firm) and forensic science at uni of kent (insurance) why im taking ict a level i have no idea got an A last year and seem to be failing this year

(Original post by OldBasterd)
    Hi guys, im doing the same INFO4 coursework, im making a database for a rental company.

Our teachers are useless, we dont get any help what so ever.

Do you guys have like sample coursework previously completed, so i can just read though the sections that i am confused about.

Thanks,
    K.
    our teacher is just giving us handout after handout so i do have expemplar stuff but only in paper format sorry! but it just gets confusing reading it! where are you upto on your project?

i really need to work through this for like a day as i would probably get alot done but i just get distracted and time goes! or i find myself just staring at the paper and the screen like :/

any help on these two bits: scope and description of proposed system would be appreciated.

hows everyone doing now?

ReputationRep:
    I stopped doing this coursework so i can revise, starting again on friday. Still on the test plan... for the description of proposed system i think you just have to say what the system should do and how it meets the clients requirements. For the scope urm that ones a bit confusing i just wrote again what the system should do and how its better than the manual one and include external and internal constraints such as external can be the data protection act as you need to protect the personal data of the users and internal can be things such as the users not having the experience with database so they need to have training....you sort of get into it after you get past the confusing bits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noj2202)
    my teacher gave me a "12 out of 14" but i think he is too generous! i hate this coursework. i am on analysis and deliverables still though i have done my alternative solutions bit in teh deisgn phase already. i did html excel paper and access solutions and a conclusion thing, was about 2 and a bit pages.

i know right timing is crucial and time is dwindling!! you sound like you know what youre doing! i am stuck on the project scope! its whats putting me behind well that and the description of the proposed system...you need so much for just 3 marks each.

applying for forensic biology at university of glamorgan (firm) and forensic science at uni of kent (insurance) why im taking ict a level i have no idea got an A last year and seem to be failing this year

our teacher is just giving us handout after handout so i do have expemplar stuff but only in paper format sorry! but it just gets confusing reading it! where are you upto on your project?

i really need to work through this for like a day as i would probably get alot done but i just get distracted and time goes! or i find myself just staring at the paper and the screen like :/

any help on these two bits: scope and description of proposed system would be appreciated.
    [U]
    ## The scope and description of proposed system isn't to bad. I created at a table to show what the system will and will not do. I then have problems with the current system and then produced a context diagram. then i did internal and external contraints of the system . I have benefits of the system on the organisation and how it will impact the organisation, again in table. a paste from e.g. Benefits on the organisation Impact on the organisation
    1. The system will speed up processes such as entering new student data The Business Studies department will run more smoothly, efficiently, and have increased reliability.

hows everyone doing now?
    I went in to sixth form the other day to go through mine with the teacher. He looked through all my testing. He wasn't happy with the fact all tests were successful and bascially called it superficial. What i have to do know is make a few tests fail and evidence it, thus being able to critique the system in the evaluation section. Well that's what my teacher wants anyway. He is also making me add print screens of the entire system before I actually show the testing and then he wants a detailed user guide!! I'm gna have to do all this by Friday and then evaluation Saturday! The bank holiday on Monday doesn't help, loosing lessons! It's so much work getting this A! I'm literally getting up early everyday and revising loads, and then doing coursework. Hopefully the hardwork will pay off!
    And i have yet to go back in to it all and makes changes!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.