Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    urmm for input, output and processing, how many dfd's did you produce if any? and what else can you include in that title, thats like the only thing am stuck on :s
    Just the one system level 0 diagram, but it showed all possible data movement between client/system/audience. For IPO's I did mine in a table for example

Adding Videos
    Input - embedded code into web authoring software
    Process -Web authoring software reads the code and searches for the video
    Output - Videos displays in the design section of the web authoring software

(Original post by JawadKho)
    How did you divide your work....like so how many pages did you on the sections?
    it was around B&I = 13/14, Analysis 12, Design 10 + 7/8 for paper designs, Testing was the bulk that tipped me over 100 pages then 3 for evaluation. Also i put my DFD in the analysis section only but may be different for you!

(Original post by needssomehelpplease)
    Hey, In the Analysis and Deliverables section what is 'Agreed Deliverables' and how do i show 'Evidence of checking the solution with the client' cos im practically making stuff up i havent got time to go to my client but have no idea what to include. Also, have you got an exemplar DFD or anything that you can send me?

In the Testing section how much client feedback did you get? & What sort of things?
    And evaluation, how many pages is yours... is your quantitative and qualitative objectives in a table and saying how you met them?

This is soo hard and stressful especially when we get no bloody guidance from teachers! sorry for being a pain but any help will be appreciated
    Okay big one this! Agreed deliverables, what ive done is used my 'interview' to find out what my client wants along with the system..example user guide or a template. Evidence of checking a solution....basically this is huge right through out the project and makes your work look genuine! You should have atleast 1 feedback sheet in each section barring the evaluation. An example for section 2, the processes you create, show them to your client get feedback and amend your processes accordingly. (make it up if you have to, also with fake signatures if need be!) This should gain you around 5marks for the whole coursework. For the testing section the feedback I received was for my client carrying out tests that I specifically asked him to do. Also I then got feedback from him using the user guide to carry out a task (adding an image to the website). For evaluation your evaluation criteria/quantitative and qualitative objectives are derived from your client requirements. So I linked them together then wrote a paragraph on each, talking about how well it was achieved (fully, partially or not at all) and then talked about how I achieved it. My evaluation is 3 pages and my teacher says its around 6/7 marks before I made changes. Other in my class wrote about 5/6pages, so its not about quantity, its quality of achieving what AQA want!

Hope this helps guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raj-010)
    Hey I have attached some examplar for the design and planning section. Whatever you do just don't copt it as the exam board has this!
    Thanks for this, really helpful , dont worry i wont copy.

For the draft and final design section, how did you do this?, did you just draw out some draft deisgns..?, or another way.. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldBasterd)

For the draft and final design section, how did you do this?, did you just draw out some draft deisgns..?, or another way.. thanks.
    Drew 3 mock up designs, got feedback, drew up another design off the feedback...then for the final drew out each page on how it would look

ReputationRep:
    I did two designs, one of which was a switchboard for the menu and other macro buttons, then got feedback from client and my views. Decided to go with switchboard as there are not too many buttons on the screen and easier to navigate.

ReputationRep:
    My ICT teacher is so ..... (no words to say about him) i asked for help in database, He did'nt know anything. And He gave me the database book to find out myself what errors i have been met.
    I'm nearly finishing the Testing Section. But i'm stuck after that. What should I do after i have done Testing, User Testing opinion? Evaluation is easy, i think. Can anyone help me? It would be appropriated Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisJeval)
    What is the Data Disctioary? I dont think I have done anything like that :confused:
    Create a table like that. What data u should need for table
    Name:  Clip_121.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  80.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Data dictionary is based on your database tables, so say i have four tables consisting of customers, suppliers, staff and products. You then have to draw up a table with the following fields and say what data type it is and so on. Carry out for all tables you have.

ReputationRep:

draft designs I simply drew out, got the client to look at them and make comments. I also linked the designs to my client requirements. Following client comments, I made changes and then showed them to the client again in order t approve them, thus becoming the final designs.

I literally got the client to write comments on the designs and then scanned them in.

gd luck, im just creating user guide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raj-010)
    draft designs I simply drew out, got the client to look at them and make comments. I also linked the designs to my client requirements. Following client comments, I made changes and then showed them to the client again in order t approve them, thus becoming the final designs.

I literally got the client to write comments on the designs and then scanned them in.

gd luck, im just creating user guide
    Thanks,
    How do you draw out draft designs for a database?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks,
    How do you draw out draft designs for a database?
    draw tables designs, include things like the data type, and field name. It will help if you actually have database open whilst drawing the designs out.

Draw form designs, so what will the data entry forms look like. Will there be a company logo on there? What size and colour will the fonts be. What will the general layout look like? Will the client approve this?

What will the colour scheme be?

Designs can include validation rules in table designs. I also created an entity relationship diagram to show relations between the tables in the database as I created a relational database which I would never reccomend! To hard!!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    has anyone completed their user guide for testing and documentation section ? It's so darn difficult!!

ReputationRep:
    For the user guide am just showing the users and client. how to make a table, form and so on and am also showing how everything operates s that about it for the user guide?i

ReputationRep:
    if you're doing a website, I can help you out on what you need for you're user guide...otherwise im not too sure!

ReputationRep:
    anyone please help. In Testing and Documentation of the Implementation Section, what do i need to write about "Appropriate type/form of documentation has been provided for the implemented solution that meets the requirements of the client" It doesnt make any sense

ReputationRep:
    I think they might be talking about a user guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billy73)
    anyone please help. In Testing and Documentation of the Implementation Section, what do i need to write about "Appropriate type/form of documentation has been provided for the implemented solution that meets the requirements of the client" It doesnt make any sense
    create a user guide for your system

ReputationRep:
    is row 3 , 4 and 5 basically a user guide for the system for the testing and documentation of the implementation section??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    For the user guide am just showing the users and client. how to make a table, form and so on and am also showing how everything operates s that about it for the user guide?i
    my system is a database and in my usre guide i havent shown how to make tables etc? I don't see why you have the show that if the system is already created and ready to be used?

Also I have included stuff like how to install the system. How to use the system in terms of deleting data, creating reports and queries etc.

ReputationRep:
    is the documentation literally just a user guide? and how do you even make the documentation meet the client's requirements? none of my requirements have anything to do with any documentation at all. :/

ReputationRep:
    also when is the deadline (absolute)? my school haven't actually told us

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.