The Student Room Group

a2 aqa info 4 coursework 2011

Scroll to see replies

Seeing as this coursework is 'centre assessed and externally moderated' after receiving your final grade/marks from your teacher what is the likelihood that the marks will go up or down when it is being moderated externally?... If they do make changes to the marks .. is it a drastic change or by one or two marks....anyone know?
Reply 101
today I gave my project to my teacher to mark. And he gave me 55/70. So I need to make some changes, then handle in on Thursday ><
I think the grade shouldn't change too much so if you get 56/70 you won't end up getting lets say 46/70. They might not even change your mark, if they do it should be by like 1-4 marks i think. It would be so harsh if they take off like 10 marks
I think the grade shouldn't change too much so if you get 56/70 you won't end up getting lets say 46/70. They might not even change your mark, if they do it should be by like 1-4 marks i think. It would be so harsh if they take off like 10 marks

Truee!! But i keep doubting my teachers markings where she hasn't helped me one bit with the whole coursework and given me no areas to improve or anything its odd lol. but yeah hopefully moderators won't change our mark ridiculous amounts. that will be meaann
Reply 104
our teachers marking is doubtful too i think he is bein too kind. i understand what you guys are saying ICT teachers really arent helpful.
i have practically done analysis and deliverables and am on design and plan for implementation should finish this weekend :/ so you think you are behind with testing!! :frown: it is so stressful!!! really getting me down!
am so going to be stuffed i think....
Reply 105
My teacher just had a quick look through my project, then compared to the mark gird. If I dont have anything the same to the mark grid, then i lost marks. For example, when I put client feedbacks an the end of Analysis Section. In fact, it should be placed after IPO. Then I lost mark for that lol
it should be placed after IPO.

where do you include IPO :s whats it related to.......
It's in the analysis and deliverables section, i think its the 3 box on the marking grid, showing processes of the system etc
^^ OH yeah i get you thanks
Reply 109
Can anyone tell me what the constraints are when testing please. Software, hardware constraints, user skills, ect?
Reply 110
Wow, i didn't know that all computing teachers were useless for the coursework! I've been trying to finish up my coursework for the last 4 days straight, lastly on user manual tonight for an all nighter!

Picking computing for A2 is a huge regret -.-
ALL DONE AND HANDED IN! it feels so good!.. Although i didn't proof read it properly once i printed everything...oh welll........ahhhh never in my life am i doing work like that again! so so so so stressful!
Reply 112
I just handled in the final one today. 105 pages, not bad, is it ?
105 pages :O mines will come up to 60-65 pages
Reply 114
Original post by ,,,,
105 pages :O mines will come up to 60-65 pages

what part you upto now?
testing still, user guide...wbu?
Reply 116
Original post by ,,,,
testing still, user guide...wbu?

on design finally.....

for documentation of processes in the analysis section what did you do as that was the only bit i am stuck on for that section :frown: this courseworks depressing.
Reply 117
Original post by raj-010
im sick of this coursework. None of us have know idea what to do because of these crap teachers!! im on testing n documentation now all i have done is shown the whole system in print screens, then all the testing showing which one are successful and which failed.

Now I'm just doing the user - guide; I'm hoping that will get me at least 10 marks for this section!!

Original post by OldBasterd
Could someone tell me what they did for the 'Plan for Implementation, testing and installment'..

i know a gantt chart would be most probably the way to go, but what do you show in the gantt chart, is it the plan for thw whole system (analysis, design, testing, evaluation)??????

Original post by billy73
thank you

Original post by llamalad200
you're making me think i haven't done enough work! hahaha i wish i'd done a database instead of a website. because nothing can really go wrong with the website. meaning, i haven't done a troubleshooting section or anything like that. i've literally only written how to use the website, how to maintain the website, and a description of the website. that's all of my documentation. :/

im on the design phase now but what the hell did you guys do for documentation of processes section in the analysis and deliverables section its driving me mad!!! and its only worth 3 marks!
Original post by Noj2202
im on the design phase now but what the hell did you guys do for documentation of processes section in the analysis and deliverables section its driving me mad!!! and its only worth 3 marks!

what processing is your system doing? for example: when i entered data into my system processing occurred that changed the postcode in a field from gl206tg to gl20 6tg. etc etc.

i did mine in table form though.

so

data entered | processing of data | output
Original post by Noj2202

I produced a DFD for my system, but totally depends on your system, not all system require a data flow diagram.

I did mine on word aswell, would have been easier to do my hand then scan it in...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending