The Student Room Group

What's your worst drunken text/phone call?

I am a guilty drunken texter/caller. I never fail to send at least one embarrassing text or phone someone I don't like or like a lot. And tell them.

My worst call has to be looking at my called list the next morning on my phone and seeing my work number there. I dreaded coming into work a couple of days later as I couldn't remember calling them so it must have been bad. My colleague then told me that there had been a message on the answerphone from some "drunken weirdo" saying they wanted to buy some shoes in the middle of the night (I work in a shoe shop) and spent 5 minutes describing some unknown pair of shoes.

Or the time on holiday where I tried to "naughty text" my ex boyfriend (never a good idea, but an amazing one at the time) but sent it to his younger sister saying I wanted to fdjck 24/7. Thank God she found it funny.

What's yours?

Scroll to see replies

I dont really send embarrassing texts or ring people when I'm drunk... I normally leave my phone at the bottom of my bag. I got so drunk at a house party once though that I text my best friend a load of random crap that said something along the lines of, Im looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, im drunk but i can still text and something about a guy called alan... Except the text made no sense and there was no one there called alan. This obviously made my friend worry so when I woke up the next day I had about 10 texts and 7 missed calls. Lol
Reply 2
Yea I do this ALOT. Always have to text or ring someone. One that springs to mind was when me n my ex were just starting out, in the flirting stage, i texted him 'You had that orgasm yet?'

VERY cringy the next day but we did get together shortly after that!
Reply 3
It's so awkward when you send a private text message to the wrong person.

The other day I wrote a message, "Hey babe, thinking of U makes my cock hard, can't wait to sex U up 2night" and sent it to my 10-year-old daughter.

Imagine how embarrassing it would have been if I'd sent that to the wrong person
Reply 4
Well does MSN messaging count? I went on MSN to my ex when I was blind drunk once and told him I hated his girlfriend, she's a whore, needs to get tested and he should come back to me. Turns out she was with him and threatened to beat the crap out of me. Suffice to say, I'd had a 2 litre bottle of Cider and downed Whiskey all night. Dark dark times. Funnily enough, that was the night I first started talking to the guy who is now my long term boyfriend. He must have really liked me to not be freaked out by my stunt. :colondollar:
Reply 5
I do not call or text people when I've been drinking. I have too much self control.
Reply 6
For some reason I ring my parents at between 1 - 3 am when I'm at a nightclub... :lolwut:, not sure why I do that.
Holy **** I just get neg rating for nothing
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Texted my gf on new years eve (I was so pissed I actually forgot she was out of the country) and said 'I wanted our kiss tonight to last longer :frown::frown:' I snogged a stranger and my GF almost killed me when she came back.. lol.
Reply 9
I'm a very nice drunk, a lot nicer than I am sober, so I've never sent any angry texts saying how much I hate people. But it does mean I go the opposite way and love everyone and do the stereotypical 'have i ever told you, your my beeeeest frieeeend' (yes I don't capitalise or punctuate correctly when I'm drunk, that's the worst).
Yeah I sent a text to a mate once saying how smashed I was and how he was missing out. Unfortunately, I sent it to his Dad instead of him (he used to use his Dad's number). He rung me up the next day saying his dad got a text from a random number saying "I'm completely smashed. You're missing out" or something similar and his dad had read it out o him, and he immediately knew it was me!

My legacy preceeds me, I suppose.
Reply 11
I've switched to drunk facebooking. Which is actually a lot worse, you can't run out of credit and it's easier to spam drunken crap to a higher number of people.
Reply 12
Telling my Gf how much I love her. Thats not so bad but its the crap I put on twitter that makes me cringe loads. Just plain awful stuff youd expect to see on some 13 year old emos FB
I'd only been seeing my new boyfriend for about 3 weeks and I drunkenly texted him that "he'd changed my life forever" - which obviously isn't a bad thing but we hadn't been going out that long and I later realised I'd come on rather strong for the stage that our relationship was at :p:

Other than that I'm pretty good with drunk texts - I did once accidentally ring my friend's dad, twice, after coming out of a club - the most embarrassing part to this story was that I wasn't drunk at all, I was just trying to find out where my friend was and when you just try and ring your friend on a BlackBerry it brings up all the numbers you have for that contact and I had my friend's home number which came up first and in my haste to ring him just accepted instead of scrolling to his mobile number.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Once, and it wasnt quite me. I'm not really a drunk caller like some people.

I was literally unconscious at the time, having drank too much. My friends decided to ring up a girl I liked and failed to notice my state of unconsciousness - it wasn't a very interesting phone-call.
saw my ex boyfriend in club

"aren't you looking mighty pretty, i could jump you right now.... grrrrowl"
Original post by Manc990
It's so awkward when you send a private text message to the wrong person.

The other day I wrote a message, "Hey babe, thinking of U makes my cock hard, can't wait to sex U up 2night" and sent it to my 10-year-old daughter.

Imagine how embarrassing it would have been if I'd sent that to the wrong person

Sickipedia, yawn.
Reply 17
"Woqk at8 whowo,g? G??.! Gm678 sick aph6#699904424447770555666555"

To Facebook. I must've changed my phone from letters to numbers halfway through it, but it roughly translates to "Work at 8, woohoo! Got sick in my hair though lol."

I've not really texted or phoned anything embarrassing, just highly amusing to the person reading/listening to it. There was once a taxi ride home where I told 2 guys from work I like to swallow :facepalm: Work was fun the next weekend! Or another time I asked someone from work if he wanted a 3-some :frown: Got teased about that for ageesss.
I full on proclaimed my love to this girl that I've been friends with for 2 or so years. She has had a bf ever since I met her. It was all true but she thought I was so drunk that I was just super happy.
I text my brother's girlfriend saying how I hoped they would get married so she would be my sister. Absolute cringe, especially because they hadn't been together that long and she is a family friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending