I am Kloot: 2009
    Stevie Winwood: 2009
    James: 2010
    The Pigeon Detectives: 2010

The beatles 2011

ReputationRep:
    Oasis, Kasabian, Stone Roses, Joy Division, 808 State, and erm Eminem

ReputationRep:
    I've only been to one proper live concert, Bon Jovi last summer at the O2.

ReputationRep:
    Placebo, Rammstein, Slipknot, MSI, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, Muse, Serj Tankian, Bon Jovi, Elbow... and many more I can't remember right now. I love a good gig.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Neil Young? He's my dad's favourite artist but I just don't get it. He can't sing.

I guess if by big, you mean popular (although I've never heard of like half your list) then here's my list:

SlipKnot
    Paramore
    Def Leppard
    ZZ Top
    Whitesnake
    Faith No More
    Motley Crue
    Pendulum (x2)
    The Prodigy

ReputationRep:
    Saw REM in Hyde Park a few years ago which was epic. Seen Oasis as well and Michael Jackson on his History tour. I reckon he's probably the most famous I've seen live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    Seriously? Neil Young? He's my dad's favourite artist but I just don't get it. He can't sing.
    Are you KIDDING???? He has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard in my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVC2cszdTao He sounds better NOW than he did here, 40 years ago!

His electric stuff is insane too, after all he was the one who came up with "its better to burn out than fade away"

ReputationRep:
    Coheed and Cambria x5 (I used to love them, not so much now)
    Sparta
    ... Trail of Dead x2
    Hell is for Heroes x3
    The Music
    Rival Schools
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Offspring

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4Xl...el_video_title I was there for this one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    Are you KIDDING???? He has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard in my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVC2cszdTao He sounds better NOW than he did here, 40 years ago!

His electric stuff is insane too, after all he was the one who came up with "its better to burn out than fade away"
    You've basically reinforced my opinion. Not that I heard anything new in that video. My dad has all his live stuff so I know exactly what he sounds like.

Also his voice is so high that any 'grunge' he did just sounds hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Oasis, Kasabian, The Enemy, Echo & The Bunnymen, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, The Who, The Charlatans and lots of smaller bands hardly anyone would have heard of.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.