Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmaattrriixx)
    Hi,

I will be applying for university and start september 2012, just in time for Englands tripple tuition free rise!

I wonder if Scotland tuition will be free for my universty degree if i start september 2012?

Heard that they are going to increase tuition in Scotland, but IF they do will it affect me?

Cheers for answers !
    I haven't heard anything. At the minute they are 1800 for Irish, English and Welsh students, free for scottish and EU students. If they start to charge students for scotland say 1800 for example, then I'm going to guess they will increase the Irish, English, Welsh fee. So it will affect you unless you are scotish and they don't raise their fees for scotish students. Do you have a source?

ReputationRep:
    If you are Scottish and the SNP get into power and keep their pledge then yes it will be free.

ReputationRep:
    What the post above me said. If you are scottish and labour or snp get into power it will be free.

ReputationRep:
    ''

ReputationRep:
    ''

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.