Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Want to cook for the first time, which dish? watch

ReputationRep:
    Recommend me a dish to cook. I've never cooked before and want to start. I'd like something that's not too complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Beans on toast.

ReputationRep:
    Pasta with sauce and chicken

ReputationRep:
    You could try a tortilla (Spanish omelette).
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/to...ishomele_67957
    You can add litterally any vegetable in it that you want along with the ingredients mentioned, I added broccolli in my first go but I'm sure courgettes, beans, sweet-corn or tomatoes will do as well. It's actually quite filling and delicious and really easy to make.

EDIT: I used this recipe actually, for a frittata - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...heese-frittata
    It's pretty much the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Make a pasta bake. It's really, really easy, but just interesting enough to count as proper cooking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe07)
    Beans on toast.
    It says cook in the title, not heat.

ReputationRep:
    Cottage pie....

ReputationRep:
    When you say you've never cooked before, do you mean that literally or have you cooked in so far as you've taken sauces out of jars/had fry-ups etc?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Spaghetti Carbonara

ReputationRep:
    How about fajitas yummy

ReputationRep:
    Pasta is a great place to start. It's very easy. You can put what you like in the sauce as long as you like the flavours.

ReputationRep:
    anything pasta is a good start cheap, easy to cook and can be totally yummy

try the bbc cooking section online.... they're pretty easy to search and cook.... remember pasta is a good start good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Ease yourself in gently but with blissful reward by merely constructing Krispie Cakes and Smartie Mallows:

'Kay, so it's not *exactly* cooking, but the end result won't disappoint

ReputationRep:
    Risotto.

ReputationRep:
    A curry! They're easy to make and deeeelicious

ReputationRep:
    Mm well if you have the food, I like cooking king prawns, accompanied by brown rice, fried veg and then mixing it all together with mayo not sure if there's a name for that but I like it

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with Spag Bol or a chili!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradbio)
    Recommend me a dish to cook. I've never cooked before and want to start. I'd like something that's not too complicated.
    Spaghetti bolognaise

ReputationRep:
    Pasta or spaghetti are pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjackson18624)
    Mm well if you have the food, I like cooking king prawns, accompanied by brown rice, fried veg and then mixing it all together with mayo not sure if there's a name for that but I like it
    so so glad I have found someone else who does this - my family all think I'm weird for eating stuff like that with mayo but it's lush!

OP - maybe homemade pizza, or soup? Pasta too, really easy. I usually just make a basic sauce then add it to pasta and cooked chicken strips, plus a bit of crumbled goat's cheese and salad.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.