Turn on thread page Beta

Want to cook for the first time, which dish? watch

ReputationRep:
    Recommend me a dish to cook. I've never cooked before and want to start. I'd like something that's not too complicated.

ReputationRep:
    Beans on toast.

ReputationRep:
    Pasta with sauce and chicken

ReputationRep:
    You could try a tortilla (Spanish omelette).
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/to...ishomele_67957
    You can add litterally any vegetable in it that you want along with the ingredients mentioned, I added broccolli in my first go but I'm sure courgettes, beans, sweet-corn or tomatoes will do as well. It's actually quite filling and delicious and really easy to make.

EDIT: I used this recipe actually, for a frittata - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...heese-frittata
    It's pretty much the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Make a pasta bake. It's really, really easy, but just interesting enough to count as proper cooking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe07)
    Beans on toast.
    It says cook in the title, not heat.

ReputationRep:
    Cottage pie....

ReputationRep:
    When you say you've never cooked before, do you mean that literally or have you cooked in so far as you've taken sauces out of jars/had fry-ups etc?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Spaghetti Carbonara

ReputationRep:
    How about fajitas yummy

ReputationRep:
    Pasta is a great place to start. It's very easy. You can put what you like in the sauce as long as you like the flavours.

ReputationRep:
    anything pasta is a good start cheap, easy to cook and can be totally yummy

try the bbc cooking section online.... they're pretty easy to search and cook.... remember pasta is a good start good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Ease yourself in gently but with blissful reward by merely constructing Krispie Cakes and Smartie Mallows:

'Kay, so it's not *exactly* cooking, but the end result won't disappoint

ReputationRep:
    Risotto.

ReputationRep:
    A curry! They're easy to make and deeeelicious

ReputationRep:
    Mm well if you have the food, I like cooking king prawns, accompanied by brown rice, fried veg and then mixing it all together with mayo not sure if there's a name for that but I like it

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with Spag Bol or a chili!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradbio)
    Recommend me a dish to cook. I've never cooked before and want to start. I'd like something that's not too complicated.
    Spaghetti bolognaise

ReputationRep:
    Pasta or spaghetti are pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjackson18624)
    Mm well if you have the food, I like cooking king prawns, accompanied by brown rice, fried veg and then mixing it all together with mayo not sure if there's a name for that but I like it
    so so glad I have found someone else who does this - my family all think I'm weird for eating stuff like that with mayo but it's lush!

OP - maybe homemade pizza, or soup? Pasta too, really easy. I usually just make a basic sauce then add it to pasta and cooked chicken strips, plus a bit of crumbled goat's cheese and salad.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.