Turn on thread page Beta

Want to cook for the first time, which dish? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    so so glad I have found someone else who does this - my family all think I'm weird for eating stuff like that with mayo but it's lush!

OP - maybe homemade pizza, or soup? Pasta too, really easy. I usually just make a basic sauce then add it to pasta and cooked chicken strips, plus a bit of crumbled goat's cheese and salad.
    Everything tastes good with mayo .

ReputationRep:
    any sort of pasta with sauce really, i reckon spaghetti with pesto is a great beginners dish, albeit one that is far less tastier than the other pasta dishes proposed on here. Boil spaghetti, drain it, add pesto (you can make your own if you want, if not just scoop it from the jar), mix pesto and pasta, done. You can add a little bit of funk and jazz to it with cherry tomatoes (halved), grated cheddar on top, some toasted pine nuts, and rocket salad (with a simple oliver oil and balsamic vinaigrette). A pretty hearty meal if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    an apple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    Spaghetti Carbonara
    This may have been the first thing I made.

All you need is some linguine, 2 eggs, bacon (preferably streaky), an onion, a clove of garlic, Parmesan and I put chili flakes in but you don't have to. As well as essentials like oil and salt and pepper.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to make a basic pasta sauce (sauteing onion with tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, and then pureeing it with a hand blender) and then mix this with some tinned tuna and cooked pasta before throwing it in a casserole dish with some grated cheese on top, would this make a decent pasta bake?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.