The Student Room Group

Second Thoughts about my Uni

Last year, I applied for History and Politics at Northumbria University and got a place. As i have been having a lot of problems with my health (Crohn's), i differed my entry for the 2011 intake later this year and applied for accommodation as soon as i could in january.
But now, as this year has progressed, i have been working nearly full time, been to hospital on numerous occasions and im now driving a car, which has helped me out a lot whilst i've been ill, i am starting to regret my choice and thinking it would be a lot better for me to go to my local university (Manchester Met) that is near my hospital. I would still live in halls as i think this is key for fitting in at university and making new friends, but i would be a lot closer for treatment and could carry on working my contracted hours.

Anyone have the same problem? And would it be possible to change my university this late on?
Reply 1
You can ask Northumbria to release you from your offer as you no longer wish to go there. Then, you can make another UCAS application - but as it is after the deadline unis do not have to consider you. Before applying, you need to check with MMU whether they still have spaces and would be willing to consider you.
Reply 2
Hey I'm having a similar problem as you. I got an offer for aeronautical engineering, and I might get better grades than I expected, therefore I'm considering reapplying again this year to place s like imperial ucl, warwicketc. I'm sure manchester will let u in the second year otherwise reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show