Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend broke up with me 2 1/2 months ago, I'm still in love with him, he insists it wouldn't work if we got back together, his reasons for this make no sense (verified by a number of different people, including a couple of our mutual friends) I want to get back together, this doesn't seem like it's going to happen though a few people have said he may yet change his mind. I called him up drunkenly on Saturday night, left him a 20 MINUTE :eek: (oops) voicemail about how I wanted him back and I was sorry (don't know what I was apologising for though) and then talked about being back together and what it was like when we had been together and how we could be that again and how much it was killing me not to be together) really annoyed at myself but like I say I was very drunk. I apologised first by voicemail and then again by text and didn't really hear anything back from him, other than a text to tell me what I'd said to him because I couldn't remember. I want to text him and ask to just talk, or just text, do you think he'll reply? If he doesn't want to get back together, I want to ask him for 1 more night together. Does anyone think he's likely to accept this? (he used to be a player before he met me and had lots of casual sex) I just want to have a night that I know is our last, where I can just be with him and remember every bit of it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be the one to say this but; he's ignoring your calls, he doesn't want to be with you for whatever reason, don't waste anymore of your time persuing him.

ReputationRep:
    Your just so clingy.

He obviously does not want to get back with you, it's about time you accept that.

Blunt, but true.

ReputationRep:
    Geeeeze, a 20 min voicemail!? You might be heartbroken but get some self respect and move on!

(Original post by Alpharius)
    Your just so clingy.

He obviously does not want to get back with you, it's about time you accept that.

Blunt, but true.
    Oh, and he only decided he definately didn't want to get back together a week and a half ago, before that he wasn't sure and wouldn't give me a straight answer, we met up a month ago and he kissed me and would have gone a lot further.

ReputationRep:
    You're very clingy. He doesn't want to get back together with you!

ReputationRep:
    Well, frankly, he doesn't want to be with you anymore. The fact you got drunk (probably in the park wearing a hoodie surrounded by boys drinking absinthe or vodka) is indicative of the mental state that you are currently in. Like the great professor said, we live in an age where pizza gets to your door before the police does.

Also, as was mentioned previously, the famous scientist Larson said: "What people mistake for the high cost of living, is in reality the cost of living high."

Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh, and he only decided he definately didn't want to get back together a week and a half ago, before that he wasn't sure and wouldn't give me a straight answer, we met up a month ago and he kissed me and would have gone a lot further.
    See bolded. You said it yourself.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ef/aman82l.jpg

(Original post by .meh.)
    Well, frankly, he doesn't want to be with you anymore. The fact you got drunk (probably in the park wearing a hoodie surrounded by boys drinking absinthe or vodka) is indicative of the mental state that you are currently in. Like the great professor said, we live in an age where pizza gets to your door before the police does.

Also, as was mentioned previously, the famous scientist Larson said: "What people mistake for the high cost of living, is in reality the cost of living high."

Hope that helped
    I was actually at a house party drinking archers and lemonade, don't make silly assumptions. And I don't understand the last few parts of your post.

ReputationRep:
    Delete his number.
    Delete him from your Facebook friend list.
    Get rid of anything that might enable you to give in to the temptation to contact him.
    Basically, stop talking to him. It's hard but you're just making yourself look a bit desperate and incapable of letting go. People rarely give you a straight answer when they break up with you so the fact that he only "made his mind up recently" probably just means he didn't want to totally crush you. As for the kissing, in the words of Dr. Turk: "A man will have sex with any woman he finds attractive." A huge generalisation, especially as women do it too, but it holds some truth. Kissing/anything else sexual =/= feelings, especially if you know that the person in question enjoys casual sex.

He's moved on; it's time you did too. Throw yourself into your school/college/uni work and having fun with your friends to distract yourself from him. You'll get over him eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody likes a clingy ex-girlfriend. Look at it from his perspective, you said yourself your mutual friends don't think it could work, he obviously thinks the same.
    And the 20 minutes voicemail wouldn't do you any favours, you just come across desperate. Move on, before you do something you'll regret.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like my friend atm who is in the rebound from breaking up with her boyfiend. He wouldn't answer some of her phonecalls/texts and seemed dry whenever he was on the phone but never gave her a complete answer. They kissed etc and she was mislead into thinking that everything would go back to the way it was, but he regretted it later on. So ultimately her minds all screwed.

Now he's made up his mind and doesn't want to be with her at all, to reduce all this confusion. She's still texting him, trying to win him back, but his mind is set.

For the sake of your own sanity and peace of mind, do not contact him! I know it's hard, but it'll get easier the less you try and contact him. It's the only way of getting over him as he has made it clear he doesn't want to get back with you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

(Original post by LadyRowena)
    Delete his number.
    Delete him from your Facebook friend list.
    Get rid of anything that might enable you to give in to the temptation to contact him.
    Basically, stop talking to him. It's hard but you're just making yourself look a bit desperate and incapable of letting go. People rarely give you a straight answer when they break up with you so the fact that he only "made his mind up recently" probably just means he didn't want to totally crush you. As for the kissing, in the words of Dr. Turk: "A man will have sex with any woman he finds attractive." A huge generalisation, especially as women do it too, but it holds some truth. Kissing/anything else sexual =/= feelings, especially if you know that the person in question enjoys casual sex.

He's moved on; it's time you did too. Throw yourself into your school/college/uni work and having fun with your friends to distract yourself from him. You'll get over him eventually.
    One of his reasons is he doesn't find me attractive. But in the words of a mutual friend:
    He wouldn't have gone out with you if that was the case
    He wouldn't have wanted to have sex with you the other week (when he kissed me) and yes he definately wanted to continue to sex but I was on my monthly, otherwise I'd have wanted to continue too.
    He's just saying it coz he's a guy and that's what we do, we think of things to make you make the decision, he doesn't know what he feels atm, so by thinking of reasons that are going to hurt you the most, hes making you make the decisison that you don't want to be with him because of what he's said. (when I expressed disbelief at this) he said, you wouldn't understand, honestly, guys minds work on a level that women just don't get, I can't explain it any better than that.

I can't explain everything thats happened on here because it would be a million pages long and take me a whole day to write. But hes given me so many mixed messages, one day its this the next day its that, we've come so close to getting back together so many times, its crazy. A few of my friends say he's an absolute d*** and I should forget about him. But they didn't know him like I did. They don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    He's just saying it coz he's a guy and that's what we do, we think of things to make you make the decision, he doesn't know what he feels atm, so by thinking of reasons that are going to hurt you the most, hes making you make the decisison that you don't want to be with him because of what he's said. (when I expressed disbelief at this) he said, you wouldn't understand, honestly, guys minds work on a level that women just don't get, I can't explain it any better than that.
    Firstly I've never heard of a guy doing that and secondly you make it sound like he's trying to make you not like him which to me seems like he really doesn't want to get back together.

You're better off trying to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Do not text him. Honestly, it will make you look so desperate.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend broke up with me 2 1/2 months ago, I'm still in love with him, he insists it wouldn't work if we got back together, his reasons for this make no sense (verified by a number of different people, including a couple of our mutual friends) I want to get back together, this doesn't seem like it's going to happen though a few people have said he may yet change his mind. I called him up drunkenly on Saturday night, left him a 20 MINUTE :eek: (oops) voicemail about how I wanted him back and I was sorry (don't know what I was apologising for though) and then talked about being back together and what it was like when we had been together and how we could be that again and how much it was killing me not to be together) really annoyed at myself but like I say I was very drunk. I apologised first by voicemail and then again by text and didn't really hear anything back from him, other than a text to tell me what I'd said to him because I couldn't remember. I want to text him and ask to just talk, or just text, do you think he'll reply? If he doesn't want to get back together, I want to ask him for 1 more night together. Does anyone think he's likely to accept this? (he used to be a player before he met me and had lots of casual sex) I just want to have a night that I know is our last, where I can just be with him and remember every bit of it.
    Poo, the scroll bit on the keyboard messed around and now it seems like I'm thrilled about your situation. Sorry, I'm not, i just dont know how to unlike it or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    One of his reasons is he doesn't find me attractive. But in the words of a mutual friend:
    He wouldn't have gone out with you if that was the case
    He wouldn't have wanted to have sex with you the other week (when he kissed me) and yes he definately wanted to continue to sex but I was on my monthly, otherwise I'd have wanted to continue too.

I can't explain everything thats happened on here because it would be a million pages long and take me a whole day to write. But hes given me so many mixed messages, one day its this the next day its that, we've come so close to getting back together so many times, its crazy. A few of my friends say he's an absolute d*** and I should forget about him. But they didn't know him like I did. They don't get it.
    No matter what message he's giving or what's happened between you it really sounds like you should just cut ties and move on, for your own sake. From what you've said it doesn't sound like you'll ever get back together, either because he doesn't want to or he won't make his mind up.

It really hurts to let someone you care about go; we all know that. But it's much better for you in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    You need to make a clean break. I know you really really don't want to hear that, but you're being told over and over by most of the people posting here to give up and move on. And by your friends, if I understand you right.

We may not know him like you do, but you're not thinking clearly right now. Take a second, read back over your post as objectively as you can, and try and see what we're seeing.

This guy dumped you (for whatever reason) and then, with his previous history as a player, tried to have sex with you. He's trying to lose the responsibility of having you as his girlfriend while at the same time not lose out on the sex. Don't let him do this to you. And break all contact, because if you really really want him back and think he's worth it, you need to give him space and peace to realise what he's lost (and to show him that you aren't going to give him all the hassle of a relationship, which might be what drove him away - before you say he didn't say that, well, no he wouldn't, it makes him sound really bad and he probably wanted to leave with his pride intact)

Good luck at getting past this and I hope you can see that he isn't worth it, eventually.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.