Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm looking into going to the US (Florida) to study and the cost of two years there is going to be around £30,000. Does anyone offer help to UK students that are studying overseas? Or is my only option private loans...

All replies welcome, even bad news! :eek:

Thanks,

Alex

ReputationRep:
    America has a fairly large amount of scholership/acadamic sporting bursary's so i'm told, but if you think the uk government is going to be giving you money i think you've got another thing coming ^^

Why florida

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was unlikey our government would throw money my way! Worth checking out incase of any loop holes though I'm in mid 20's and have a fair bit of money to back me up if needed, however I don't want to use all of it.

Why Florida? Golf. After finishing I'll be turning pro. Florida has more courses than anywhere in the world. It's also got the best courses, perferct climate and plenty of other benefits. I want to experience life in another country and the US ticks all my boxes.

Thanks for reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextheone)
    Hi,

I'm looking into going to the US (Florida) to study and the cost of two years there is going to be around £30,000. Does anyone offer help to UK students that are studying overseas? Or is my only option private loans...

All replies welcome, even bad news! :eek:

Thanks,

Alex
    The Fulbright Commission website has a useful section on funding for US courses, incl scholarships

Check it out here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.