Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

driving lessons - think i am getting worse!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    If she is helpful on here, one might think she would be helpful out on the road. So not necessarily. She's getting her name out, which is also helpful. Good advertising, really.
    Agreed
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    No offence but as a driving instucter, you have too much time on your hands. Why are you on a student forum, why dont you go on a learner driver forum? I am not being rude, but maybe potential customers see you on here and think I won't be booking any lessons with her If you get me. Good luck

EDIT: I'm sorry, maybe I got this wrong. But yee...I wouldn't have lessons with you as you spend so much time on here. Each to their own.
    What do you think she's going to do? Get her phone out and use TSR on a lesson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radzy)
    Hello all,
    I am currently doing my driving lessons, I am on my 15th one and I just keep getting things wrong.. I feel like I am actually getting worse and that I am wasting my money.. I just feel really negative about driving at the moment. I mean after 15 lessons all we have done is roudabouts and just normal driving on roads, no 3 point turns or reversing yet.. Is it cuz I am crap or is he actually ripping me off? He told me I should be done in like 20 lessons.. but now I actually doubt it.. How do I become positive again? Is there anything else I can do to somehow get better? help please!
    Everyone goes at their own pace and has to have different amounts of lessons before they are ready for their test- i had tons of lessons before i was ready for my test. Your instructor is probably making sure you are confident on normal roads etc before teaching you manouvers. Most instructors do that. Just keep practicing- and you will eventually get the things you are doing wrong right and will feel more positive about things.

ReputationRep:
    Everything feels worse after the honeymoon period. Persevere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radzy)
    Hello all,
    I am currently doing my driving lessons, I am on my 15th one and I just keep getting things wrong.. I feel like I am actually getting worse and that I am wasting my money.. I just feel really negative about driving at the moment. I mean after 15 lessons all we have done is roudabouts and just normal driving on roads, no 3 point turns or reversing yet.. Is it cuz I am crap or is he actually ripping me off? He told me I should be done in like 20 lessons.. but now I actually doubt it.. How do I become positive again? Is there anything else I can do to somehow get better? help please!
    That's no where near the amount of lessons a lot of people, including me, had.

I ruined my self confidence on the road by comparing myself to others I know - those that did it in 20 lessons without fail.

Advice: don't ever do that

Fact: Every single driver is different.

Would you rather have 20 lessons, miss loads, take the test, fail, have another 10 or so lessons, take the test again, fail, rinse, repeat a few times OR have as many lessons as needed, take the test and pass the first time?

ReputationRep:
    I was doing my manoeuvres on my second lesson, because i had a CBT i was riding on the road before so when i approached roundabouts on the second lesson my instructor was pretty impressed but manoeuvres in a car was obviously different but i had no real problems with them, 1 or 2 mistakes then perfect really. I haven't done any for 3 years though and my first 1 since 3 years is tomorrow just to do manoeuvres and general driving. I think no more than 10 lessons should do the trick, i was thinking 8 max as im not going to let any instructor take more money off me by talking alot and spending along time doing 1 manoeuvre, going to concentrate on the main manoeuvre they give you in a test, i stil know how to drive cause its like riding a bicycle, you cant forget.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.