Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I really need an advice about which programme and school to attend next september(2011). I am now finishing my bachelor at Bocconi University(in Milan) and I have been offered a place to:

1)EDHEC: Master in Management(MIM) --> 3 years(1st year which awards a Master in Management; 2nd year for internships; 3rd year awards a Master in strategy and Organization Conultancy; with a possibility to do a double degree(during the 3rd year) at a partner school). --> the programme is based in Croix(a town close to Lille), France(Triple accredited school)--> 23.500 euros

2) Strathclyde School of Management: MSc in international Business --> 1 year --> located in Glasgow, UK (Triple accredited school) --> 12.000 pounds

3) Cranfield School of Management: MSc in Strategic Marketing --> 1 year --> locate din Cranfield, UK (Triple accredited school) --> 12.000 pounds

Also, I am most likely to receive admission to:

1) Copenhagen Business School: Master in International Business --> 2 years(with possibility of taking part to the CEMS programme and/or doing an exchange at a partner school) --> located in Copenhagen, Denmark. (the school is now being accredited also by AACSB, so receiving the triple crown) --> the programme would be completely FREE for me because I'm from the EU!!

2) Vienna University of Economics and Business: MSc in Strategy, Innovation and Management Control --> 2 years(with possibility of doing an exchange at a partner school). --> located in Vienna, Austria. --> almost free programme!!

I would like to attend an international recognized business school but at the same time I would like to live in a big city with an exciting day/night life. that is why I am concerned that by going to Cranfield, and probably EDHEC, I would find nothing outside of the school environment.

Which amonf those schools and programmes would you go to?
    Thank you for your advices!!!

ReputationRep:
    Copenhagen Business School for FREE definitely!

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying at CBS atm and can definitely recommend it! Despite Johan Roos' mistake with CBS-SIMI, it's still a good school and hopefully it won't influence the reputation too much.
    Also: Copenhagen is a lovely city with exciting day/night life. Lots of cultural places to explore during the day and bars, pubs and clubs to go to at night. You'll never be bored in Copenhagen
    As a last thing, CBS is very good at welcoming international students. They have 'buddies' who pick you up at the airport and two whole weeks in the beginning of each semester are filled with events and parties just for international students and volunteers from CBS.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your replies so far and I hope to receive more

I was leaning towards CBS both for the big city atmosphere, because I read that dnaish people are very friendly and mostly because it is Free!!! But what about job opportunities once you graduate? Are CBS students offered jobs in London or other main EU capitals? Or do they mostly find their jobs in Denmark?

Also, I have applied to the Master in European Business at ESCP and to the Master in Strategy in International Management at ESSEC. So if anyone has some infos about these two programmes/schools please post them here

Thank you again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enry90)
    Thank you very much for your replies so far and I hope to receive more

I was leaning towards CBS both for the big city atmosphere, because I read that dnaish people are very friendly and mostly because it is Free!!! But what about job opportunities once you graduate? Are CBS students offered jobs in London or other main EU capitals? Or do they mostly find their jobs in Denmark?

Also, I have applied to the Master in European Business at ESCP and to the Master in Strategy in International Management at ESSEC. So if anyone has some infos about these two programmes/schools please post them here

Thank you again!!
    Hey,
    I'm an italian student at the MiM ESCP.
    Why didn't you apply to the MiM? It's a clearly superior program to the ones you mentioned, and I sincerely don't think it's that competitive to get into from Bocconi. (looots of classmates from that school, the majority of which graduated with not outstanding grades.)
    And regarding the MEB: it's not a bad program, but it's second tier to the MiM.

Did you apply to the classical target schools in europe, like SSE, RSM, St. Gallen? I'd take any oh these over the meb.
    Oh and by the way, there are a lot of scholarships available to MiM students, both from the Italian campus and the French.

ReputationRep:
    @ametista616

Thank you for your post.

Well, I applied for the MIM at ESCP but was rejected on the base of my GMAt score, so the MEB was the only other opportunity to me.
    I did not apply to St. Gallen because I would not like to go there, and I will need to retake the GMAT to apply to RSM and ESADE.

I have read that the MEB is also accredited by AMBA and not only by Equis and AACSB like the MIM, but that wasn't the factor that influenced my choice. It is also a 1 year programme on two campuses. Do you know if MEB graduates get as much job opportunities as MIM graduates?

Also, do you know anything about EDHEC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enry90)
    @ametista616

Thank you for your post.

Well, I applied for the MIM at ESCP but was rejected on the base of my GMAt score, so the MEB was the only other opportunity to me.
    I did not apply to St. Gallen because I would not like to go there, and I will need to retake the GMAT to apply to RSM and ESADE.

I have read that the MEB is also accredited by AMBA and not only by Equis and AACSB like the MIM, but that wasn't the factor that influenced my choice. It is also a 1 year programme on two campuses. Do you know if MEB graduates get as much job opportunities as MIM graduates?

Also, do you know anything about EDHEC?
    Wow, rejected FOR the gmat? How much did you score, if you don't mind me asking? This strikes me as odd, since almost no one in my class took the gmat. It would have probably been better for you to take the school's SHL test, I found it pretty feasible.

It depends on what you want to do. But no, prestige wise there's a gap between the two programs (MiM and MEB),although that might not be that apparent since ESCP turin cashes big time from the MEB.

Have you considered schools for which the gmat isn't compulsory? For example in the uk: UCL, Imperial, Warwick. These three are target schools for investment banking and consultancies in the UK, and are kilometers ahead of the MEB and several of the schools you mentioned prestige-wise and in reputation.

Regarding EDHEC: it's not a bad school, but in france there really is a huuuuuuge gap between the first three (HEC-ESSEC-ESCP) and the others (EM LYON-GRENOBLE-EDHEC etc.). You would be better off studying at Bocconi than EDHEC, prestige-wise. Bocconi has a really, really strong brand in europe, don't be fooled by the financial times rankings.

ReputationRep:
    I know I should have taken the SHL inetrnal test, but I did not know it was easier at that time....my GMAT score is really bad, I didn't study at all and just went for the test....I got a 530....but that's not the problem since I got in all the schools(but ESCP) I applied to with this GMAT score....luckly they took into consideratin also other paramenters. I also got into Warwick but I refused the offer for personal reasons and I wasn't attracted to the programme anymore.

I'm not interested in the ESCP turin campus since I have been iliving in Milan for 3 years and I'm pretty much tired of it, so Turin will be just depressing for me(I applied for the London and Paris campuses)...
    Also, getting into a MSc at Bocconi is the hardest thing for me though.....It would be easier to get into Harvard Business School ...that is why the election for Bocconi students is ONLY based on their gpa, and mine is bad....the inetrnal admission system really sucks at Bocconi, moreover, I got tired of this school and I need a change. but I know that the Bocconi brand is really strong, I am here for an internship in New York and a lot of people have heard of Bocconi and there's people from bocconi everywhere!! But is a school that just doesn't fit me much...I don't really like the environment there.

I think the best choice for me is then Copenhagen Business School = Free, possibility of doing CEMS/exchange, nice city, nice people, very international, possibility to mantain my english without having to learn a different language to survive!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.